1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What exactly does 'friending' a pet do?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Coragin, May 10, 2009.

1. Coragin

Coragin Guest

I got two accounts, one tamer on each. What does friending a pet do exactly? Can I have one account control both pets if they are friended and have the skill to control them?

Account one has a greater dragon, so does account two. If I friend both dragons to the other accounts, will both accounts be able to command both dragons to kill with the "All kill" command?

If so, that rules!

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

About the only time I use friending a pet is if I have a blue beetle and I'm letting someone put or take things out of it. Not sure what all you can do if your friended to a greater dragon.

3. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

In addition to allowing a friended player to load stuff in a beetle or packy, friending a pet allows the friended player to issue movement commands to the pet. However, it does NOT allow the friended person to issue the attack command. The friended pet will not respond to attack commands from a friended player.

4. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Thanks for the info.

5. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Old thread, but exactly what I wanted to know.... So, a belated thx to ya, Aibal

6. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You're most welcome startle!

7. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

This be true indeed. "Follow" is a common tool when doing Champ spawns. Have a GD follow a wither Necromancer. The pet attracts the mob and the Necro takes it all out quickly.