1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

what gloves do you wear?... and why?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Kakitasteel, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Kakitasteel

Kakitasteel Guest

i just recently switched out gloves on my samurai from stormgrips, to a runic crafted set w/ man reg and good resists.

just wanting to see what everyone else is using.

i mainly pvm....and occasionally have to fight of a red in fel.

2. I use Stormgrip on both of my warriors. It's hard to top the 25 DI and 8 INT, not to mention it's got decent resists.

3. uotrunks

uotrunks Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Matters what im doing and what suit im useing. When im in vamp form I use stromgrips but when im in wraith form now use inqs just because its so much ezer useing them then trying to find 1/2 jewlery with hci dci.

4. Kakitasteel

Kakitasteel Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I use Stormgrip on both of my warriors. It's hard to top the 25 DI and 8 INT, not to mention it's got decent resists.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i totally agree...i didn't notice a big diff in losing the di, or the int though ..... it's why i was wondering what everyone else used..

5. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

All depends on how good your runic gloves are.

Stormgrips should be your staple until you get good runic gloves, stormgrips have excellent abilities for any warrior, but they can be replaced by good runic gloves.

damage increase can easily be maxxed with other items, so you just have to see what your max damage increase is. With a good weapon, 40 minimum. Throw in primer arms of 20, thats 60. depending on your rings, bracelets, etc. You might not benefit from the stormgrip damage. Paladin/samurai can easily reach max damage especially with slayer weapons.

I used stormgrips until i got my runic gloves. Now a days, runics are easier to produce, so you'll be seeing stronger items.

On my bushido archer I need mana regen over other mods. Because archer bows are nerfed and mana suits nerfed, any item i wear really needs the 2 mana regen. So I went with runic gloves instead. I think the 2 mana regen is much more important than the 8 intelligence. The damage increase i don't need.

I have a nice pair of woodland gauntlets i like, bloodwood

4 hp regen
    2 mana regen

23/12/6/15/7 total of 63 resists plus 2 mana regen and 4 hp regen. nice.

Or

8 mana increase
    5 lmc
    2 mana regen
    5/7/19/9/21

nice 5 mod gloves perfect for any warrior. The mana increase and lmc easily worth more than the basic 8 intelligence boost stormgrips give. plus I have mana regen and 2 mods for resist. a great pair of 5 mod gloves I consider much better than stormgrips.

6. MR 2 / MI 8 Gloves with resists that round out my 70s suit.

7. I think Stormgrips are ideal for Soulseeker Sampyres, with DI jewels and primer DI is 85. Otherwise if you got a nice weapon runic gloves are better.

8. Deception

Deception Sage

I value stamina very highly on my samurai suit. The gloves I wear are 2MR, 8LMC, 8Stam with high physical and fire resists.

On every piece of armor I wear, I have MR2 and either LMC or Stamina, or both.

Getting over 180 stamina is a bit unrealistic when wanting to keep other mods high, but the suit I run right now has 171. That keeps me above the 150 level and keeps me swinging fast(30ssi ornate at 1.5s).

9. <blockquote><hr>

I think Stormgrips are ideal for Soulseeker Sampyres, with DI jewels and primer DI is 85. Otherwise if you got a nice weapon runic gloves are better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why I use stormgrip, DI jewels and the primer. Except I'm no sampire on that character.

My sampire/whammy uses darkwood armor, and thus doesn't get the damage benifit of stormgrip. However, he still has the jewels and sometimes used the primer, which puts him at 90 - 95% DI with his normal weapons.

10. Wolfman1604

Wolfman1604 Adventurer

Gauntlets of Nobility:

Brings me to 150 str (maxed out HP and damage from str)
    100% DI (Maxed out)
    And fits nicely for my all 70s suit

But I agree that a good pair of runic gloves might fit your needs better...