1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What Happened To Blogs On Stratics?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Amber Witch, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I can't find any links to the blogs section.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

The plugin that allowed them is unsupported and no longer works with current versions of Xenforo, so they went **Poof**

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So does money go *poof* into the pro Stratics user bank account as a refund for that lost perk?...la

virtualhabitat likes this.
  4. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Seems like UO-Stratics has been kicked into maintenance mode since Petra and company left.....

MedeaDF likes this.
  5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Maybe she broke a lot?...la

6. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'll take whatever mode we're in now as opposed to then. The boards have been a lot more lively and active since the old crew shipped out, whose idea of moderation was to delete or close topics which they personally didn't like as opposed to facilitating what the community wished to discuss. They honestly arrogantly saw their opinions as the be-all and end-all of what could and couldn't be discussed here. It was quite inhibitive to the concept of an open discussion forum.

I'm mostly an outside observer these days so have no axe to grind one way or the other. But from what I've seen, Stratics changing owners has honestly saved the site, for now, from becoming a barren waste-ground, since there wasn't a whole lot that people could discuss here previously without being told like naughty children that they weren't allowed to because one person who happened to be a mod/admin felt that it was discussed enough or didn't like the topic.

Props to the current moderation team here who seem a lot more open-minded and reasonable. It's a much-needed breath of fresh air, quite honestly.

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Sorta, there's work being done, just behind the curtain. Some of us have been working at getting rid of all the Fragmentation that Stratics has achieved over the years and gearing it up to make it more interactive with the community beyond simply the forums.

LetheGL likes this.
  8. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Thank you for the clear and concise answers Nexus.

9. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think I'm turning into my dad, old and resistant to change! :( .

kelmo likes this.