1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to Rowboat deeds?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nyses, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Is it just me, or did the last patch "unbless" our Rowboat deeds? Seems you now have to insure them, for 312 gold, :(

oh well, just another gold sink.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

a lot of "Blessed" deeds, unbless after they've been used once, then returned to deed forms.

You sure this isn't the case?

3. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I could have sworn they were showing "blessed" in my packs until recently. I did use them frequently, but was sure they were staying blessed. After all, it always stays in deed form in your pack, even when you have the rowboat deployed.

Additionally, a guildmate, who has yet to patch, said his is still showing blessed.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Are you sure it is actually unblessed? Did you try dying and see if it actually does stay on the corpse? Or is it just a simple text issue and is really still blessed?

5. i've had to insure mine since day one.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So you're saying that the deeds do in fact stay on the corpse upon death? Because you can insure items even if they are blessed.

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I bought my first ship and rowboat deeds on the day SA went live, and noticed right away the deeds for the rowboats and the new ships did not have the 'blessed' tag on them when I bought them, so insured them just in case.... same for the second and third I got a few days later.

As far as I've seen, they have never had a 'blessed' tag - which doesn't mean they are not 'blessed', but it's not something I was prepared to chance when they could be insured!

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

You have always had to insure the rowboats, I'm pretty sure. Friend of mine PKed a guy and stole his rowboat deed, heh.

9. yes, when i bought the rowboat, it did not come insured or have a blessed tag, so i had to insure them to avoid having to buy more.

10. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

YOU CANNOT Insure a blessed item, however you can bless an insured item. And yes Ive had to INSURE mine since day one of HS too. It was never blessed. Went through a few before i realized where they were going.

11. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Once you launch the main ships and dry dock them the ship models are blessed I think though, Row boats can't do this sadly!

12. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Yep, but when your character at the market is buying the ship/rowboat deeds to take home for your other characters, insuring the deeds still seems a fair plan ;)

13. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No need to go crazy. But I have insured blessed items numerous times. Mostly being items I used my personal bless deed on.