1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What happens on siege, stays on siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by GoodGuy, Nov 14, 2008.

1. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

First this is my new motto. What i mean by it is, i dont want to be talking about siege pvp anymore here.

Second, im sorry for constantly refering to certain people as cheaters

I just think we could use a break from this chitterchatter about who is better or worse or cheating or house hiding becuase in the end it doesn't matter. We can all argue ourselves blue in the face

when it comes down to it everybody has their own reality of what is happening on siege, so who on these boards are we even trying to convince anymore with all the lies and egobull**** post?

it'll kind be like when you go to vegas and end up gang banging a milf, sleeping with a prostitute, and having your first taste of man seman. Sure it happened, but does anybody not involved really care to read about it on some forum?

on that note, good luck everybody and i really hope at least 1 person understands why im making this post! just 1 thats it.

2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Getting something off your chest?

Tell me how you really feel.

3. Daleth

Daleth Guest

GG I am not a of big fan of yours to be honest, but I don't get into the bash posts to each his own, but ya know, I do get it, completely, good for you!

M

4. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Suppose this thread will be viewed with any less cynisism than you showed Elmer when he started a similar thread?

5. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Truth.

6. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for your opinions but i feel the circumstances are completely different but don't care to eleborate.

good luck to you both.

7. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone deserves a second chance I guess I can give you one too GG

awwwwwwwwwwww cmon everyone JOIN IN! :grouphug:

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Again, I will take this post at face value. GoodGuy, I welcome your new attitude and I hope more good things happen. Fudd is holding true and being a cool guy. If GG gets on the team... Why can't you all?

9. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Hey now.. we can poke fun at GG for his bs posts towards Elmer, now can't we? I find it to be classic. :popcorn:

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Ok, having met Goodguy's post with the same cynicism as he met Elmer's, we've now gotten that out of the way and can allow that everyone can have an attitude changing experience?

Several people have followed Elmer's lead and made this a much less hostile place to hang out. I'd love to see that spread further.

I may be being naive, but I think that if it does, it will filter over into game and the kind of friendly contested battles everyone so fondly remembers will happen again.

Indeed, if I'm reading right, are beginning to happen again?

11. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ok i understand the criticism and probably should of waited another month and hoped people forgot about my response to elmer when he tried to change faces but i was a little high and feeling like i had to get that off my chest, i know it was a bad vegas analogy lol but like i said i was high.

anyways, i really do think we should come back together as a community COMPLETELY REGARDLESS of what goes on in game.

if people still talk about fights, pwnage, and ganking, but without pictures, or perferably video, it will be meaningless because i shall demand them for proof of said pwnage or ganking before commenting officially.

12. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

This is a general statement: If people can stop accusing, assuming, crying about other peoples' game play, these boards would definitely be better. The community would improve 20x. If people can just play THEIR game how the see fit, hanging with their friends and guildmates, the community would improve 20x.

Do these things and I bet a lot of people will simma down. Myself included on the board PvP. But as I told the mods, I do get a kick out of it, and love keeping them on their toes. :mf_prop:

Anyhow, that's my $.02.

p.s. We could do without the OMG NOM NOM NOM *TRASH BARREL* type posts...Sadly, few KOC semi started that, couple still do it with certain people. But it is posts like that, that keep guilds disliked as a whole and bad for the community.

13. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This is a general statement: If people could stop riding a high horse, stop constantly gloating about events weeks, months, years old, and stop being sore winners who needs to rub it in everybodys face how much better they are...even if they really are *wink*, then i think these boards would definitely be better. The community would improve 20x. If people can just treat everybody with respect and never look down on each other for fight results or in game actions we'll have a lot more fun posting here.

14. Petra Fyde

If there's anyone who doesn't particularly want to sell the stuff back, there's an 'anyone access' box on my shop porch. Rather than trash stuff, drop it off there and post a note here, or pm, telling the owner to collect it.
    Or periodically I'll look in and see who's stuff is in the box, I'm assuming the owner's name is on the faction stuff?

15. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

There you go, taking my general statement and mocking it. It's cool though, we all know you won't ever stop the crying.

16. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ahh but you forget that imitation is the highest form of flattery. i

just thought it was a good way of conveying my thoughts so i used your statement as a template and crafted my own, no mockery involved.

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I fully support GG's original post, but quoted this one because I think this last one really drives the point home. I am just as guilty of poor behavior here as any one else and I am 100% on board with this because not only has the level of "board PvP" gotten out of hand, it's just sad and does't speak well for our community as a whole.

The really sad part is the the negative effect all of this has on new players. I have had several new initiates question me about accusations and general behavior of the shard because of posts they have seen here. I have even had one quit and leave Siege permanently, citing cheating and the trash talk they see here on this forum. The fact is, they become discouraged because if they want to experience this type of behavior, there is plenty of it on their home shard. They come to Siege expecting a different level of behavior and game play after all the huffing and puffing we do about the "community" aspect of Siege. If we want to attract players and keep them here, changing our attitudes here in the forums is just as important as any game improvements we'd like to see.

18. HaHa

HaHa Guest

I guess this would explain your shiney hair and nice complexion?

I just refuse to believe that.

19. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

GoodGuy I dont care what you said in my post, and I dont think anything of it, what you got outta my post is exactly what yer doing right now, and everyones a winner, so my post is doing its job, I applaud your efforts and hope you can hang in there, watch yourself, cause you will have people Goating you into getting mad, just so they can call you a liar for being humon, there waiting always, hang in there and be cool man, I suport ya 100%.

Thanks for being man enough to come out and say that its enough.....You also Kat, not for being man enough of course...........lol

20. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I could be wrong, but I don't think "Goating" is allowed here! :eek:

HaHa would probably have a link to something like that if you're really interested! :D

21. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

No how could I leave my Buddy HaHa outta of a good opertunity to post, we set each other up all the time, Trying to Hook my boy up.....You get em Haha.........lol

Send em them damn links.....lol

22. Goron

Goron Guest

leave it to kat to come and bring up something disgusting... you should hear her in vent- always talking about nasty stuff and putting HaHa links in her comments.:lick:

23. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I cant let go of all My Koc Roots.............Damn you HaHa, your getting me into trouble again Bruda

24. HaHa

HaHa Guest

*shakes head*

Thats just plain nasty Kat.

25. Petra Fyde

Since it was Elmer who posted it and not Haha I kind of gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he meant 'goading' :D