1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What I really like about this new "booster"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Its not the boats
    Its not the bosses
    Its not really a single thing

Its that its a unique thing they're expanding on. This is a great selling point for UO. (although Lineage 2 does come close with their aerial ship combat) Hopefully they'll market accordingly, as this is something people would be willing to suffer through Isomeric 2D to just try out.

They should make a new both advanced character and regular template...either pirate or fisherman...or both.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I think the one thing that sticks out to me simply goes beyond the content itself, but to the notion that the devs just MIGHT be figuring out that we have enough "area" and need what we have to be fleshed out, revamped, and renewed.

I can only hope that the mindset is allowed to expand to other areas of the game as well both in terms of ingame content and in terms of finishing up the EC, maybe redoing Virtues (scrap the current "grind-based" system and replace with a quest-based system), and other "unfinished business".

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The thing I like the best about these 'boosters' is how we have been getting live content during it's production. Unlike previous expansions when we only get silence.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The EM program definitely helps with that... set up a storyline with some semi-dynamic content (like the Bane Chosen) and then let the EMs handle the rest of the "gaps".

Really seems to work well.

Also seems like the devs are focusing on a LOT more intensive updates to specific systems (such as the entire revamp of treasure hunting instead of "we added a few new spots in the newer facets and a few new items to the chests" that probably would have been done previously).

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I like that it focuses them on certain areas ! But now people will complain that its not the area they wanted so no matter what not everyone will be happy at the same time !