1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What if faction players could personally bless items based on rank?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Guest, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been reviewing the old factions documentation to brush up for the upcoming event I am putting together. Just for fun I looked at the crafting section even though no one would probably do any crafting. Back before AOS you could make temporarily blessed items. The amount you could wear was based on your faction rank as follows:

# Rank 1: 4 items
    # Rank 2: 4 items
    # Rank 3: 4 items
    # Rank 4: 5 items
    # Rank 5: 5 items
    # Rank 6: 5 items
    # Rank 7: 6 items
    # Rank 8: 6 items
    # Rank 9: 7 items
    # Rank 10: 8 items
    # Commander: 9 items

Then I suddenly got the idea of personally blessing. What if a similar table was applied to the number of items you could personally bless for your character? It would certainly be a reward for participating in factions.

2. JC, for me it wouldn't be much of an incentive. I rarely ever use blessed items, I thought insurance costs from dying to a faction enemy are less than normal anyway, and most of my faction characters are thief types that I don't ever expect to have much rank. LOL

Oh well. This might be a good incentive, though, for people who are accustomed to wearing lots of blessed items. Curious to see what people playing on Siege think of it.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well if you used your faction character to PvM you would be save ~5000 gold every time you died.

4. <blockquote><hr>

Well if you used your faction character to PvM you would be save ~5000 gold every time you died.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if I used my thief/trap remover to PvM, she probably would die a lot and boy I would save a lot of gold with the 3-4 blessed items her lofty rank would enable her to have. [​IMG]

Seriously, JC, it's not a bad idea, it just doesn't do anything for me personally.

5. ehh, factioneers already pay less for insurance..

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Just don't implement this idea on siege. We just got rid of a lot of blessed crap and don't want any more.

7. <blockquote><hr>

Just don't implement this idea on siege. We just got rid of a lot of blessed crap and don't want any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about it, this is the factions man,, the whole system has been shelved for the last 6 years and they aren't probably wont ever look at the system again until they completely remove it. Whenever that is..