1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What if.....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

OSI still owned or beloved game instead of EA? How developed do you think the game would be now? Or in other words how would you see the game today?

This is just a question or maybe even a observation not an insult aimed at anyone or any company. I promise, im just curious as to what others think.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It would never have exsisted. Origin did not have the capitol or the tools to make it happen. Without EA, UO never would have gotten off of the drawing board.

3. Rykus

Rykus Guest

OSI was acquired by Electronic Arts in 1992. UO was never a product of just OSI without EA. Unfortunately....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_Systems

I would personally liked to have seen UO be more like Ultima 7, with the land in shambles, and a common enemy to battle. Skara Brae could have started out under the control of Horace the lich, and over time we could have freed the city, and built it into what it is now, or better.

So much that could have been, and should not have come to pass, but UO is what it is..

4. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Well from a development stand point I feel like when osi was involved the game was heading in a better direction. Afterall it is OSI that actually create worlds, not EA.

5. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I played- and simply loved, a game called Thief. It went from Through the Looking Glass to away. It was a game made by players, for players, without any regard for marketing; or so I have read. Maybe TTLG didn't have the capital to turn it into the franchise that it has become- I see there may be a Thief 4 in the works now- but damn, that game rocked, and was way ahead of itself.

6. Aye!