1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What if...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guest, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

...instead of KR, EA had added a virtual reality helmet to UO?

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning. Right now, you know exactly who (stealthers notwithstanding) is nearby, who is friend, who is foe. Killers literally lurking in the bushes would add a whole new wrinkle to the battlefield!

PvM - much the same. A monster could literally sneak up on you - if you didn't hear it's feet going "THOOM, THOOM, THOOM" (or, in the case or orcs, "pong, pong, pong") behind you.

*pictures news headlines: player dies from dragon-induced heart attack*

Vent/TS would be built in. Of course, we'd have to do something about all the floating decor...

Personally, I think UO in VR would be fantastic. Gripes about the devs and their evil overseers notwithstanding. But, this is a 'what if'.

What think ye?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

*FLEES in stealth*

Maybe it is because it is late at night here 3:30 am and maybe it is due to the comic Wii commercial where the fellow literally throws a real bowling ball into the Wii .............. and now reading ye suggestion............

I just pictured me self in the UO VR helmet with crown atop it in me finery royal outfit, and suddenly Puffy was in my living room asking to borrow my stereo and my car and Sheltie dogs with Wyrm licking his chops........shouting "gasp.........dinner !! GASP ! " as he gazes upon me rl sheltie dogs, Knight and King.

*blame it on that Wii commercial* [​IMG]

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm I dun think I want some folk here, THAT REAL in me home, with a VR UO helmet upon me head....... *runs off in stealth mode to an interior room*

[​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning. Right now, you know exactly who (stealthers notwithstanding) is nearby, who is friend, who is foe. Killers literally lurking in the bushes would add a whole new wrinkle to the battlefield!

PvM - much the same. A monster could literally sneak up on you - if you didn't hear it's feet going "THOOM, THOOM, THOOM" (or, in the case or orcs, "pong, pong, pong") behind you.

*pictures news headlines: player dies from dragon-induced heart attack*

Vent/TS would be built in. Of course, we'd have to do something about all the floating decor...

Personally, I think UO in VR would be fantastic. Gripes about the devs and their evil overseers notwithstanding. But, this is a 'what if'.

What think ye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you blind?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I've always thought that the area on screen should only be updated in a line depending on which way your character is facing. So in essence you couldnt ever see behind your back like in real life, if you wanted to, you got to turn around.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Have they upped your medication, Otto?

6. I think your out of your mind! I am too old to learn new tricks.

7. Otto's medication will be upped immediately.

I'm quite happy with UO, thank you. I don't want UO to turn into Doom or Quake!
    Not this week, anyway.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Hrmph. Cheeky scribe.

*blames weird ideas on too much sugar in the birthday cake*

9. <blockquote><hr>

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello archer stealther ninja...

that is all