1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is a Dexxer?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by alosis, Oct 9, 2009.

1. alosis

alosis Guest

Seriously, I've been scratching my head trying to grasp them exactly. I've been searching through the forums and other places on the net but no real clear cut explanation of what they are. Can anybody give a brief description on what they are, how they are properly played, and their pros and cons?

To me it seems like they are fast melee fighters that can heal pretty well. However I'm not entirely sure this is a correct assessment of the class.

Thanks for your help.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

A character with very high dexterity and a very fast weapon like krysses and daggers.

3. alosis

alosis Guest

So far I'm following. However would a Sampire be a form of a dexxer then? They have high dexterity and fast weapons, enough to achieve 1.25 swing speed (which if I understand correctly is the fastest speed you can get to).

But then I'm confused. As I'm reading Dexxers are much better for PvP and Sampires are more suited for PvM.

There has to be more to it than high dexterity and fast attacking speeds.

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would say the term 'dexxer' includes all of uo's character types that are based mainly on weapon damage. As they are the chars that profit most from having dexterity on them. (So all archers, macers, swordsman and fencer are falling into this category.)

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I think most people put Archer into its own category, as it doesn't have the same skill requirements as the melee types (no need for parry, and Balanced bows reduce the dependence on healing and leeches, and increases the importance of Enhance Potions - a necro archer typically won't by withering as much, as well)

6. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is how I have always defined a dexxer in my own mind. Any template that relies mostly or completely on non-magical skills. More of an option in years past than now, but I still define it this way. Of course that does not make it correct. I also agree that Archers are in a group all their own possibly adding throwing in there now.

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Melee (dexer)
    Ranged (archer/throwing)
    Mage (mage)