1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Stealth] What is minimum amount for 100% success in studded armor?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Xanthril of LA, May 4, 2014.

1. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

What skill level for stealth do you need to have 100% chance to stealth in studded armor? I'm considering making a new suit for my stealther who doesn't use med and thought studded armor might be the way to go to get the extra LMC.

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I have a stealth archer with studded suit. I have bone helm and woodland gloves. I'm still failing pretty much every time at 99.8 stealth :-(

3. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Thanks DJAd, you always come through with the info. That is what I was concerned about. Not sure I have room for GM or higher stealth. I may need to forego the extra LMC and go with regular leather.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

As soon as test center is back online I will be going to test out stealth at various levels.

Xanthril of LA likes this.
  5. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I run 5pcs of studded and a hunters headdress, I've never failed yet with 110(90real/2x +10 jewelry.) If I remove my ring or bracelet, I start failing pretty often. So somewhere between 100-110 is the sweet spot, I've never thought about testing it while on TC, think I may go do that now...

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I think copying chars to TC1 is still disabled at the moment :-(

7. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I just used one I had for testing other things. TC was just about to go down(this the norm maint time?) but I was able to do some testing. At 102.5 I was still failing. At 105.0 I've walked 1152 tiles(54 stealth checks, I think) so far without fail. I'll try to do more testing if Siege is still down when TC comes back.

8. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Still failed at 104.9. Went another 2304 tiles without fail at 105.0. Siege is back up, so I'm done testing for now, hope this helped.

9. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Very helpful. I'm either going to need to raise my real skill or forego the studded leather.

10. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Side note, bone helmets will make you fail where studded won't. I made a suit with 4 pieces of studded armor, a bone helmet and one piece of leather armor. I would fail even at 110 stealth. I ditched the bone helmet for a leather ninja hood and swapped the one leather piece for a studded (so leather ninja hood + 5 piece studded) and had no issues.

11. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

105.0 is what's needed to successfully stealth 100% of the time in 5 pieces of Studded. My Stealther has 100.0 Real Stealth, and uses the Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak to bring him up to 105.0