1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is sada about event items is most do it just for profit :-(

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Feb 15, 2009.

1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Look at the rares forum, already seeling items from the valentines events.

What ever happened to events for fun, adventure, and comaradery?

ah well

2. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

welcome to pixilcrack online

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Free market in action.

People have different goals, it's not a bad thing, it's just there.

Disagree with it, then don't patronize (buy from) the people who are getting the items for profit purposes.

As long as any item is obtained through legitimate gameplay, then what someone does with it is their business, nbot mine, not your, not anyone else's outside of any agreement with the owner of said item.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The spirit right where it always has been - everyone has a different playstyle. Look at it this way, at least it gives people with bottomless wealth something to bid over and get the gold sitting there circulating again.

Reward titles and name-labled in-game monuments have been passed on as suggested non-tradable awards.

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just to play both sides of the fence ... private ownership is not everything. There are times which having an item can be seen as being a caretaker of a public trust. There are a few player-memorial items I would have a hard time forgiving seeing up for auction.

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on how the items are obtained. If it's just "event items", then I would say it's up to the owner what they do with said item.

If it is something like the old Blessings that were given with the understanding that they are a blessing from the Seers and not meant to be sold, then yes, that is a breach of trust if they are sold.

7. Dr.Thompson

Dr.Thompson Guest

when there are no events people complain. when there are events people complain.
    when there is no reward for events people complain. when there are rewards for events people complain.

when i read nothing but complaints, i start to complain

8. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,
    Well, i have done and do events for fun.
    As ive told others that event items are always a bonus.
    Today i got a nice necklace from an event but i got help from a friend with the location of a deamon that needed to be killed for a key.
    He done most damage (WoD) but i got lucky and got the key.
    I have sold items in the past that i would never sell, but i quit UO at the time.
    Anyway, Im thnking of selling the item to a collecter Because i want to share what i get for it with him, :)

9. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, despite that it's pink, I love my Tome of Love =D

But yeah, seems all people really care about is the price tag, but hey, it's their item, they can do what they want with it...