1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best weapon fo PvP samurai-swordsman?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by nikki4, Feb 20, 2009.

1. nikki4

nikki4 Guest

what's better: no-dachi or ornate axes?
    ornates do more damage and have disarm ability, and also can have 1 additional property (recipes)
    but riding swipe is a nice ability too.. should i spend runic hammers on it? or it's impossible to create better no-dachi then Sword of the Stampede?

but ornates and no-dachi are two handed.. may be it's more effective to use something 1-handed, but what? long swords?

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Personal opinion is the bokuto... super fast nerve strike and even the feint i think it is has its uses (lowers an attacker damage output for a short time).

No dachis are slow but hit hard (probs could make a better than the stampede)

Another nice weap is the mace looking thing (frenzied whirlwind awesome!)

Problem is 2 of the aforementioned weapons are crafted using saws and are therefore notoriously hard to find decent moded weap (although i have a 50%HL 18%HCI 38%HLD bok)

3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had the same question about the no-dachi. Here's a discussion.
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=124562

No-dachi is not powerful at all as far as damage output. The Heavy Ornate Axe (recipe) is much more powerful. Both require 30 ssi and at least 150 stamina to be fast(er) (at 1.5 swing/sec).

Another great 2 hander is Mage's Rune Blade (recipe). Comes with Fast Cast 1, has more damage per sec, and is quicker than both above 150 stam + 20ssi = 1.25 swing/sec (fastest possible). Can disarm and has good o'le reliable Bladeweave.:dunce: (Call me lame, But I like Bladeweave)

4. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I carry a bokuto + no-dachi.

Bone harvy is good as well for paralyze/mortal.

Ornate is good for crushing blow/disarm + heavy hitting. But needs lots of stamina/SSI to be effective.

I like the no-dachi for riding swipe while mounted and dismounted. And it has crushing blow, then I switch to bokuto for LS/Nerve Strikes.

Depends on your playstyle too and what weapons you have available.

5. nikki4

nikki4 Guest

i mentioned that everyone like bokuto, but why? as i know the base damage is too little (9-11) and also nerve strike was fixed, so it became less effective. isn't it better to hit with riding swipe then nerve strike? both do paralise+addictional damage, but no-dachi does much more, especially with "counter attack" stance

6. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I'll dismount with no-dachi, crushing blow, then use bokuto.

Bokuto is nice because it's fast even with mediocre stamina and no SSI on it. With hit spell at 40+ you disrupt mages a lot. It does have low damage, but is great for nerve strike. I've hit NS for 35+ damage before... the NS damage, hit spell + regular hit.

Even though NS was nerfed, it's still effective. Especially when you land a critical hit for 25+ then land a good NS doing 60+ damage in a matter of seconds.

7. nikki4

nikki4 Guest

but no-dachi can do about 35 with riding swipe and on the next blow lighting strike can do about 35+10, and with counter attack it can do about
    20 +10 (riding swipe)+10 (hit harm)+35 (lighting strike)+10 (hit harm)+20+10 (hit harm)=115 hp in two swings with sword of the Stampede!

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's IF counter strike goes off.