1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is the current population ?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Wolf_TheOriginal, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Wolf_TheOriginal

Every now and then I consider coming back I quit around the expansion that had the ninja stuff. Just curious how the population is now days heck some times I consider coming in just because of all the cool stuff on my toons that seems a a shame is just sitting in my bank etc...

2. Leperosify

Leperosify Visitor

What we lack in quantity we more than make up in quality!!!

Decent activity i'd say lately but population is still low to the point that everyone pretty much knows everyone, except me.

As for you full bank box going to waste, I COULDNT AGREE MORE.
    You need to log on empty that lock box into your napsack and parade around town with all your precious rares hanging out like a tourist in NYC!!!
    We'll take good care of ya!!!

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

many of the old greaties and no longer any good. we had imbueing and reforging and bod upgrades and shame loot that nixed all that old stuff.

4. Ariana RiverWind

Ariana RiverWind Journeyman

(WHEN you come back, my char will help you furnish a home!) *waves and smiles warmly*

5. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

I see many similar post about people that are returning players and wonder how/ what siege is like....after playing prodo shard for many years, there is no comparison to playing on siege. you just have to take my word for this. I am sure many of the old timers and a lot of the newer players would agree with me on this. create a char, start your training, make some new friends on the greatest shard in the game! last but not least just have fun!!

Spiffykeen likes this.
  6. Wolf_TheOriginal

I definitively would not have to create a char... and while I am sure a lot of the stuff that was "super cool" when I left is probably trash (my poor hat of the magi) but a lot of the stuff like vet rewards old rares etc are are still cool ;)

Do they ever do "come back to UO free" weeks where you can play a few days to try it out ?

7. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

They have in the past, usually once a year I thought, and about this time of year... anybody else remember?

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome back Wolf, If you have any old 7th anniversary gifts left, the ones that lost their blessing, Sammy legs, bunny ears and the sword, you can turn them in for Soulstones.
    A mystic token will help you get up to date, look it up on Stratics or uoguide.com.
    If you have a craftchar, you will need imbuing, armslore now.
    With your PvP char, I'm not the right to advice you.

9. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Last year it was in time for the anniversary, seems like they skipped it this time.

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You have been gone so long that it would take you forever to obtain all the cool, "new" stuff that has been added since the Samurai Empire expansion was released! I only skipped two years recently and I am still not caught up with that and all the changes during that time. My advice is to go ahead and drop the thirteen bucks and come experience it for yourself!

As far as population goes, when I left two plus years ago, I knew pretty much every name I saw. Or at least I knew OF that person. After returning, I recognize maybe 15-20 percent of the population here. I was pretty amazed at the influx of new players!

11. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Come on back.

12. Wolf_TheOriginal

Holy your still here Freja!

the only name I recognize! and yea I have a bunch of the 7th annv stuff left over. I have/had a bunch of soul stones to... full and frag ones if i remember. Ill check it out right now I am sort of between games waiting for SoTA so might just stop in... I wonder if the dude I left my Keep with is still around lol!

13. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

give it a try
    like others have said compared to prodo shards we are small but compared to what siege has been the last few years we are now doing very well there are new names popping up all the time

#13 Sprago, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    chise2 likes this.
  14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Only the old 7th annv that lost their blessing can be turned inn, not the ones claimed after they removed the blessing.
    We are a few left, who still remember the old Siege days but alot is keeping ther accounts alive to keep their house so sometimes they comes back.

Barania likes this.
  15. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

I may have your pbd blue scroll and a book or two about you. I would have to check.

16. Donal Mor

Donal Mor Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend LDH

.... I am still struggling with 'catching up' (7+ year break). The prices of things these days is not helping either. It isn't as bad as production shards but compared to yesteryears, inflation is very present, with wealth highly concentrated.

The farming needed to imbue is very intimidating, discouraging, and necessary to be competitive. Folks seem to run around with a lot of expensive stuff today, which would have made you a target long ago.

17. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

here is the thing about imbueing. to imbue items to 90% intensity most times is easy and low resources. it is only the last 10% that costs a lot.
    you can make a lot of good stuff with 90% intensities on your properties very easy and it is that good. not much of a downside to this.

Uvtha likes this.
  18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I usually only do max intensities on whatever I plan to bless.

19. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I am also thinking of coming back to Siege. The many changes I have missed made me put this of again and again. But I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge.

#19 Reva, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013