1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is the formula for getting a paralyzing blow to not be resisted?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Grace of Minoc, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

I understand that the mage spell paralyze is the caster's eval int against the monster's resist spell. But what is it for using my bow's special move of paralyzing blow?

Seems that creatures with no/little resist it works all the time. Creatures with some resist it works
    sometimes.

I am sitting in the 80's with archery and tactics and wonder if the higher my archery or tactics get the more chance I can paralyze thru the creatures resist spell?

And if so, is it the tactics especially that breaks thruough their resist? Need to know if I can stop at
    100 tactics as was the plan or need to revamp my template goal to get to 120 tactics to be more succesful with this special move.

Thanks!

2. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I checked it's just a 6-7 second timer in between Paralyzes. If you try to paralyze them anytime between that timer it comes up as the target resists.

3. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

In PvP, paralyzes for 3 seconds. In PvM, for 6 seconds.
    The official statement, "The 3(6) second duration is not broken by combat damage the way the paralyze spell is," is incorrect.

Via http://www.uoguide.com

4. Grace of Minoc

Thanks, but am talking about first time using the special on a monster. Some resist it. So would like to know if raising tactics, like eval int for paralyze, helps make the paralyze blow work.

5. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

not sure but I think when monster has over 120+ magic resist, the special move paralyze will mostly fail..

Grace of Minoc likes this.
  6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'll have to test that when I get a chance I didn't think magic resist was looked at when a para blow hits you..I always thought it was a standard 3-6 second tick

7. Grace of Minoc

Ok, just checked the level of magic resist on what I was fighting Jukas! The warriors, mages, lords all have ridiculously high magic resist 120ish.

Already reworked temp to "eventually" get 120 tactics. So hope that makes a difference.

Switched to fighting to get gains on other things for now. The whole point of being an archer using para blow is to blow some back when more than one baddy on ya! At least for this archer....