1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is the timer on corpses?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hunters' Moon, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ten minutes,right? I was hunting silver serpents for the venom just a bit ago in Ter Mur. A long lag spike got me killed. No big deal. I run to the city to get rez'd and return. This took all of about 3 minutes.I come back to the place I was pulling the the serpents to me and my corpse was already gone. The pile of serpents was still there from a couple of minutes before I lagged out. The loss of the venom I was able to collect isn't a big deal,but the Shame-cursed ring that was lost will be hard/impossible to replace.

This isn't a thread to "cry over spilled milk",but if we are told that the timer on corpse decay will be 10 minutes,then let it be ten minutes and not a second sooner.

2. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

I always thought it was 3 minutes for a corpse to decay. maybe I'm wrong

3. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

If it is three minutes on the decay,that is way too short. Especially with how far away some healers are.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

This is what I always thought:

5. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

I am confident that I made it back to where my corpse should have been in time. I even scanned a couple of screens around where I should have been while hitting "all names". No luck at all.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

three minutes is monsters and pet corpses. Player corpses are 7 minutes as a body and a further 7 minutes as bones. You should have had more than enough time. The only thing that I know to change that is when you self rez or use the seed.

7. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Bones don't show up in all names, have to use the control shift keys to find them. Problay was at bones and didn't see it on all names.

8. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

The ctrl/shft is what I used to try to locate my corpse. Would it have gone to bones in three minutes anyway?

9. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

With 14 minutes as the overall timer on decay,maybe a "bug" ate my corpse. Which is too bad...my shame-cursed ring was sweet :p

10. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I play classic, but enhanced client I switch to if I do lose my body. It marks it on the map where your body is. Also when you are dead, it shows you where all the healers are. Once I switch over, i find out i am not even near the same area. But sounds like your area isn't that big your looking at but still try enhanced when you lose your body.

11. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

Thanks,I will have to try that in the future. The only thing is that I wasn't moving around the spawn area to find the mob. I camped at a specific location and was pulling the serpents to me. At most,I'd move about 4 tiles in any direction. I wish there was a way to use tracking(the skill) to find your own body. The arrows in CC would come in handy.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Ctrl Shift is not the same as 'all names'. I have a macro for both. I actually find 'all names' much more useful for finding my corpse.

13. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Very true. I use 'all names' for corpses as well.