1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the weirdest phrase you ever saw in game?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Totally bereft of context.

"Ok men, today we will test our mettle in the wars of custard pie baking. And some will be found wanting." -- Booker Dano, Catskills Shard, circa 1999.
  2. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    I had an NPC who thought that he was teaching me the finer points about the UO matrix.

"Dost thou think that is air thine are breathing?"
  3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    I can't say. The last time I did, I was perma banned...lol...la
  4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Not really weird exactly, but downright funny. The ever popular "Art thou giving me wood?" Even after all these years I still giggle when I see that.
  5. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

When you double click on a player vendor... and the naked female vendor says...

"Take a look at my goods"
  6. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 17, 2005
    all the bizzare things wisps used to say before they were destroyed completley
  7. I'm English & play an American shard, just about everything that gets said sounds weird.

Though usually it's not the phrase its that they said it in such a lazy half-assed manner that it meant the exact opposite of what they intended: "I could care less."

During arguments when someone says "Thought so/what I thought." When the last thing you said was something that insulted them but they were too busy trying to type fast to see it.

"My bad"... aside from being nonsense, usually used to excuse an epic f up without actually apologizing. Where an apology would leave the impression: "Thats cool" & "My bad" leaves the impression: "What an idiot."

"I hear ya."... You were meant to, I was speaking aloud, and to you. =/

"Potty break"... Children use pottys, adults use toilets. (Not that we really need to know either way)

"OJ's"... New vent reference to faction enemies, I know it's handy to have a short way of referring to them but OJ = Orange Juice. (Or OJ Simpson... & hes never on!)