1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this place.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by chuckoatl, Jul 3, 2010.

1. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

We noticed this in UOCartogragher..... Just wondering if anyone knew what this place was.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001

Gelf Guest

curious as to which facet this on myself. when checking above ground tel mur,for the coordinates shown, found it wouldn't be there(asuming map is to scale). looked in abyss found a spot to match cords but nothing there but the normal fire ants(1st spawn area,tram side).

i did notice from the pic that it did look similar to the tomb of kings, and where the upper area would cross the path to the thief boss, is where the fitting are located. however the little short cave area,on way to the abyss gate,doesn't seem to match up
  4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 19, 2002
    It's the model on which the Tomb of Kings was based on. That particular "dungeon" has been in the game since as long as I can remember (October 23, 1997), but was never used. I was always hoping they'd get around to smashing a hole in one of the walls in Britain (particularly that silly little wall near the Sweet Dreams Inn, just north of the Sewers, that leads absolutely nowhere) or link it to a tomb in the graveyard or some such thing and have something evil lurking beneath Britannia.

Instead, many years later, they modified it, and it became The Tomb of Kings in Ter Mur.

There should, by the way, be one in Felucca's map and one in Trammel's map, as Trammel was just copied from Felucca.

If you've ever gone there in the *coughthingthatshan'tbenamed*, it's basically got a path running around the edges (the big rectangle), the area to the north would seem to be the entrance, and the tunnel that went off to the side (where the secret renowned guy is in Tomb of Kings) actually passes via cave under the external path (the big rectangle). It basically looks like an unfinished dungeon, and I always suspected that something sinister was resting in that tomb off to the side all by itself. Perhaps even Mondain himself.
  5. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

If they modified it, why does he still have it? Is it still there and not used?
  6. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

For the people wondering about the facet..... its that crazy place call felucca.

Had a friend say its an old dungeon that was never used.
  7. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    The one in Trammel was apparently made into the Tomb of Kings and it looks like it was edited just a bit and moved to Ter Mur.

Trammel picture from UOCartographer:

8. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    It's basically an old concept map hidden in the game at an unreachable place, there are a few of them like the pirate hideout which was eventually given passwords on all shards. The one that casca broke the crystal in has been used a few times if I remember correctly. But yeah its sad an old concept got turned into a place that can be shrugged off.