1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is what in the UO screen shot utility?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gellor, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Aside from doing print screen and open paint to paste, what are my choices as far as taking screen shots of UO?

Ideally, I'd love one that I could start and would take a screen shot automatically at specified times. But as they say, beggars will be choosers:mf_prop:

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

in the enhanced client you just hit the print screen button and the shots are sent to a folder for you to sort thru later

3. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I use Gadwin Printscreen.
    The standard version is free, and has all the functionality I've ever needed.
    Pretty lightweight, too.

4. Gellor

Gellor Guest

EC is not going to be in my future... for a LONG time.

Kiminality, I'll have a look at that.

5. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

UO Screenshot Utility works for me. SEt the options for the quality of pic you want, the folder to save em to, and how you want em numbered/named.
    Just hit printscreen key, it automatically saves it to that folder as a jpeg file, and can handle quite the workload quickly. No problems and time consuming paint stuff either, it automatically assigns the pic the next number up based on what's in the folder =)

6. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I use Grabby and have for years. It has the auto screenshot piece you are talking about. There's an option to set the frequency rate and at what point you want it to start recycling and writing over the shots you have. You set up the folder for the pics to go to and Enable Timer and hit Start. It does the rest. You can also control it manually and just hit print screen.

7. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Gellor,

Here is a quote from an earlier post about UOSU.

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hey Nok, if I happen to have a clean version of UOSU in the depths of my backups, want to host it?

9. Gellor

Gellor Guest

My intention is to use this to screen capture some PvPing. So the usual "if you don't show a kill shot with gold on your screen" junk usually happens:stir: And I'm a "panic" PvPer so I mash a lot of buttons and somehow live more than I should:mf_prop:

Kiminality, Gadwin Printscreen is pretty good. The only "bad" thing is having to hit buttons. I LOVE the capture current window feature. I'll look at the pro version to see if it has timer stuff.

AnneNomilly, Grabby seems almost perfect aside from the full screen capture. Granted, I'll only be posting a handful of pictures but still a bit of editing.

Nok, thanks for the list, I'll give those a run through and see what happens.

10. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I didn't notice a big difference with the pro version, except that it watermarked the images, since I hadn't crossed their palms with silver.

There's probably better options out there, but Gadwin's the one I stick to.
    Definite plus for me is the ability to save BMP/GIF/JPG/PNG, since lossy image encoding makes me a sad panda :(

11. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Dermott, in the past I would have considered it... too many reasons not to today. UltimaXbar (UO Toolbar) is being folded into GameXbar, GameXbar has become a gaming community aggregation brand, and so on.

Although I'm surprised that someone in the UO community hasn't taken it upon themselves to create a new image capture utility (there are several people in the UO community capable of doing this).

Anytime Gellor!