1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is with all the IDOC homes as of late??

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Frodo Baggins, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know there was always the occasional IDOC but it seems (and maybe I am just looking for them more at the moment) that there are way more than normal. If there are many more on Pacific it will be empty (more than it is already)

legendsguy likes this.
  2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They fixed Return to Brit houses that were not decaying so they all decayed and are falling.

legendsguy likes this.
  3. LunaCityVendors

LunaCityVendors Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Its not only Return To Britannia but *ALL* ownerless homes. Its an undocumented change they made so every ownerless house will fall but they have spread them out and randomized them so just because they are 90 days inactive they dont fall or we would have had mass falls on all shards at same time crashing house server so some are sped up and some are slowed down with random times to start decay in their queue.

Happy IDOC hunting!

legendsguy likes this.
  4. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Nope - same number of players as before, just now housing and players match up.

kitiara-atlantic likes this.
  5. Irulia Darkaith

Yep, it finally explains why there were so many houses and so few players. I always thought there must be a lot of players just paying subscriptions to keep their houses active and not logging in (that's what I do when I take breaks from the game). Now I know better and I'm learning to love the green space.

6. Sariah

Sariah Visitor

I'm on Great Lakes and there seem to be more IDOCs than other houses. Guess a lot of people don't play anymore.

7. Irulia Darkaith

Yep, and I think it's safe to say that on average there are probably a minimum of 2 accounts for each person (meaning some people have single accounts, some have three or more, thus averaging it out). So count the number of houses on your shard and divide it by 2 or 3 (or more!) and that's the number of actual players.

THP likes this.
  8. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Sounds about spot on for population head counting....id say divide housing by 2 and thats more than generous estimate...

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Just one for yas all..not all the bugged houses, the RTBs and unnamed/no owner houses have fell.......so maybe this is just phase 1.... i think we all need to catch our breath anyways b4 the next decay stage starts...this is based on freinds/idocers that have RTBs still standing...the un-named/no owner houses u can clearly see and idoc experaince over many years of playing.....Thankyou

10. Irulia Darkaith

Yeah, though I couldn't pass up the IDOCs, towards the end I was really sick of doing nothing but watching houses fall....so if this is indeed Phase 1, I'm glad for the rest so I can get back to playing. I am very curious to know how many houses remaining are actually bugged, versus how many are just sitting there because they're owned by people with recurring payments on their subscriptions, who simply don't play. When I take breaks from the game I make sure that my accounts stay paid up as I live in fear of losing my house because of some screw-up in accounting at EA. Not sure how hard it would be, but it would be kind of nice to have the house sign reflect the last time an owner logged on, maybe with things like "this house appears to be abandoned" (if it has sat for over 90 days without a visit). Maybe even make it a new ability of the forensic skill *laughs*, god knows that skill needs some added functionality. Maybe making "camping" and "forensics" part of a new template for IDOC campers :p

Faerunner likes this.