1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What is wrong with the forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jartan, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Jartan

Jartan Guest

I've been having problems loading pages from the forums for days now. I sort of doubt I'm the only one? Usually it just sends me back to the forum index or gives a blank page. Rarely it says "too busy" or whatever. Maybe 1 out of 10~15 page loads I get to the post/page/whatever I clicked on.

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Which specific forums are you having problems with?

3. AdamD

AdamD Guest

Sounds a lot like the "Miserable users" plugin that can be installed on Vbulletin forums and used against users who are deemed "annoying".

Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I highly doubt that's the case here. There are plenty of users who (in my opinion) should have that plugin used on them, Jartan is not one of them. Besides, the management here isn't the type to sink to such a level as using a plugin like that.

5. AdamD

AdamD Guest

Indeed, was just saying, it's something I've seen used on other forums and it seems to fit the features of the plugin, heh.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

He is not afflicted by misterable users. It's got to be some other issue.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Actually, there is/was such a plugin. Mith installed it when vbulletin was set up, long before I was an admin. I've never used it, my conscience wouldn't let me. Though I will admit to being sorely tempted on a few occasions. :D.
    Just in case it could be causing this problem without our input, we will disable it.

8. AdamD

AdamD Guest

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I've seen that, it's what lead me here. - and then to the admin panel to try to see what the heck was going on.

10. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Thanks, Petra.