1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of events do you prefer?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by hawkeye_pike, Nov 11, 2008.

What kind of player-run events do you prefer?

1. Scavenger-hunt-like quests

3 vote(s)
  2. Tournaments

4 vote(s)
  3. Contests that do not involve fighting

3 vote(s)
  1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Concerning player-run events: Do you prefer tricky scavenger-hunt-like quests, or tournaments, or contests without fighting?
  2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    There's a time and a place in my gaming life for all of the above and combinations of the above. Just as an example, these are a few of the events that I've attended:

A character wedding. (Event from GRI)
    A story night. (Event from multiple guilds)
    A proposed tournament which turned into a champion hunt. (Event from GRI/SCB)
    A naked dungeon run/A naked Fel-side T2A run (great event pirates!)
    A book trading night. (Event from S^S)
    And every Friday night hunt I can get myself to. (Host: SCB)

I keep wanting to attend tournaments, but they're usually at inconvenient times for me.

Usually, if you can combine elements of what you mentioned, they make the best events for everyone.
  3. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Any that allows me to learn more about UO.

Example: The Ilshenar hunt that you sponsored... it was fun, exciting and I got to see lots of new areas. Thank you!