1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Swordsmanship] what kind of weapon for pvm ?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by girana, Aug 13, 2009.

1. girana

girana Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    i got an valo hammer what kind of sword weapons shall i craft for pvm ?
  2. That depends on what weps you already have. The 3 most popular are the ornate axe (or Guardian/Heavy ornate), Mage's Rune Blade, and Twinkling Scimitar. If you're running swords you want one of each to perform at your best.
  3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

For yourself or to sell? If for yourself just make whatever weapon you like to use to most. Some templates love Whirlwind specials, some love armor ignore, others love feint, etc. Just pick whatever you're comfortable with.

Edit: OH! and wait til open beta tomorrow and test out all the new stuff before you decide.
  4. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

This is just my opinion but if u get a verite or valorite hammer u should burn armor not weapons........use copper and bronze and even gold for weapons....makin armor wil get u more moolah to buy what weapon u need
  5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

If your going to burn weapons, with a val, think multi template.

The most widely sought after of all weaps is the Twinkling scimitar due to the +6%DCI.

If you hit a mage weap no pen with DCI and something else thats big money to a pvper.

You also have the added benefit of radiant scimitars being popular with the doom/spawn sampires.

That would be my advice.
  6. Even with the penalty, if they have the high DCI they can still sell for 20+ mil.
  7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Very true, i know the weapon im looking for doesnt matter if its got the penalty.

Just was the high dci, hit fireball/magic arrow, HLA and possibly, HCI
  8. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

May 18, 2008
    HLD 50%
    Mage Weapon -20skill
    DCI 21%
    SSI 20%

Worth anything?
    I thought it needs Spell Channel too to be of interest.
  9. It has to have the SC in order to be of value as a mage wep.
  10. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    Nope. I totally disagree. Barbed Kits are still much easier to get than a Val Hammer and they can make armor that is just as good as a Val Hammer. For the cost of 1 Val Hammer, you can buy 20 Barbed Kits. 300 chances to make top-end armor compared to 15 with a Val Hammer or 30ish with a Verite Hammer for the same cost or effort.

One other thing....you can't make weapons with a Barbed Kit. You can only make weapons with Runic Hammers and only Verite and Val Hammers will get you 5 properties.