1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What looks to be a new Ultima...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Magnus, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And it begins a day early. As much as I want to believe it, I doubt its more than an april fools joke.

3. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If it truly were real, they would have waited until the day after.. not the day before.

5. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

Why would anyone post anything like this today... Jerk faces... *Pouts*

6. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman

This isn't a April Fools joke.

The Domain 'ultima4ever.com' is currently registered with Mythic Entertainment source

There has been comments hinting at an Ultima-style project from Mythic for months.

I realize that this is kindof bad timing to be posting this - but it does look like a legitimate news item. The photo in the original post was from EADC '11, which is an official function.

7. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its legit.

Ultima IV on the web = Ultima4Ever.com ??

8. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I wish it was. He really sounds like the last person that should have anything to do with any of the old Ultimas. They love him at Ultima Aiera, but I'd put more faith in Richard Garriott doing something interesting with Lord British than him doing something with the old Ultimas.

I really hope the Lord of Ultima will be the last Ultima web stuff, even if Lord of Ultima really had nothing to do with the Ultimas other than some place names.

9. Liquid_Ape

Liquid_Ape Guest

It is the new Ultima title for the Nintendo 3DS.

10. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Well... it's definitely not a replacement for Ultima Online, that's for sure. Unless maybe they hired Grimm to do the art... that art I'm quite willing to bet is actually his.

What it does look like is probably a web-based or maybe as someone else has suggested, a 3DS-based revamp of the game.

As for it being real, well, if you go to Network Solutions, perform a WHOIS, you can see for yourself that ultima4ever.com is, indeed, registered to Electronic Arts. It jives with all of the Ultima 4 hosts being told to shove it.

As for it being successful: It's Electronic Arts. They should just cancel it now and save the cancellation in a few months.

11. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The 3DS is powerful enough to run UO.

12. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

While Ultima IV was fun in 1985, 26 years have passed and games have evolved.

EA should put these resources into a proven product like UO, not further split Mythic's strained attentions.

13. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure part of what I heard was "browser based game for social websites"

This looks like it might fit that criteria. And, maybe, generate interest in a real Ultima game. ;-)

14. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I thought everyone already knew about this.

Ultima IV - EA Takedowns Precede Official Reboot - Slashdot

Mythic has been working on a browser-based version of Ultima IV with improved graphics. This is a real thing.

And yeah, this was a terrible day on which to start this thread. But as you can see from the link, that article was posted on March 29, and the article it refers to at UltimaAiera was posted back on March 25.