1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What may seem like a stupid question...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have too many versions of UO on my computer.
    I have the KR beta. I have the KR release. (I've uninstalledboth)
    I have the classic set up.
    I also have something called "Ultima Online Stygian Abyss" and have been using this as the "Enhanced client" and, until today, thought this is the client to which everyone referred to as EC.
    I had had Pinco's downloaded onto my KR version and realized recently that I haven't been using it. I re-downloaded the whole thing to put into my Stygian Abyss folder (as I've deleted it along with the whole KR folder I guess...).

I had a spot of trouble finding a way to get Pinco's onto this "Stygian Abyss" tagged UO so I am now in the process of downloading the "Enhanced Client" from uo.com.
    Are these really two different versions of UO. Am I so far behind? LOL :pie:
    Is it safe to go ahead and delete the Stygian Abyss tagged UO? Or am I being redundant because the Enhanced Client IS Stygian Abyss and I am just doing Pinco's wrong.

If I need to re-explain my question let me know. I may have even confused myself.

2. Jhym

Jhym Guest

The classic client usually is tagged for whatever initial version you installed. so when I reinstalled it I believe I took the 10th anniversary one and so it says that. On my old laptop it had 7th I believe.

The UO-SA is probably the EC, but you can tell immediately when you run the patcher. If it comes up with the old-style grey screen then it is classic. If it runs a 'file check' then downloads changed files then it is the mythic patcher for the EC.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The EC installs into ...\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced

The executable file is UOSA.exe.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

The Stygian Abyss UO patches like the KR version did.
    I mean, I can log into UO with it.
    Do I need to rename it to get Pinco's to work?
    I just started downloading (ie: patching) the "enhanced client" download link from uo.com, it looks the same as the Stygian Abyss version I had/still have.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'd make a copy of your character info in your Documents folder, then uninstall ALL UO versions and reinstall from scratch... best way to be certain IMO.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Stygian Abyss Client was the origonal name of what is now called the Enhanced client.

I'd say let your Stygian Abyss client patch up to date then add Pinco's UI to it. Pinco's UI folder needs to be in the "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface" folder.

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Wrong, Pinco's (the patcher) goes into the main SA directory. The patcher then sticks the UI & Playsound files where they need to go.

8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- I have the Stygian Abyss one. It is the EC. I have Pinco's latest mod running on it.. just follow Pinco's directions but put it in the SA folder.
    (I sadly deleted the KR beta folder; sadly, due to having preferred the ~'impressionist painting' graphics and still not being able to find a toggle for the initial EC/KR art, heh)

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

This is what I'm gonna do. I had KR beta on there twice, the KR release version, etc.
    There's going to be lots of room on my hard drive soon. lol

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did this a while back I also had kr and the ultima online stygian abyss (the beta version) and the 2d stygian abyss etc etc I uninstalled them all and just went with CC and EC!

saved at least 5g on my hard drive if not more

11. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I'm pretty sure the installation folder has changed a few times in recent years.

On my main computer it's -/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Sygian Abyss/

Pinco's UI works fine for me from this folder.

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Thanks for all the help everyone!

13. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

KK. It's been a while since I installed the EC. :dunce:

14. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This thread drives home a long-standing issue I haven't heard commented upon much.

We tend to think in terms of there being 2 clients, but there's really more than that, because there's different versions of each client, and a lot of them are still active. I recall years ago they trimmed it down.

Problem of course is, as long as you buy the updates and patch properly and stuff, you might not necessarily know you're using an out of date one!

-Galen's player