1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What monsters drop arrows as loot besides rat archers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Seismic, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I thought I read minotaur's drop arrows as loot (25+ ?) but fought some this weekend and they didn't drop any!

So besides ratmen archer's, what other monsters drop arrows as loot?

2. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

changlings, ratmen, and Centaurs not minotaurs. all can be found in Ilsh.

3. The_Letter_E

The_Letter_E Guest

Goto the twisted wield - Dread horn area.....run up the spawn. Phase 2 pop's centaurs which drop 60-80 arrows per.

E

4. Ash

Ash Guest

Juka Lords as well.

5. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Usually when i die, i have a couple of arrows in my back, hehehe

6. GFY

GFY Guest

Centaurs are my favorite monster to hunt for arrows. You'll need your best armor however, their arrows can hurt!

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's really not hard to make your own. I believe a human with 0 fletcher skill can make arrows with the JOAT bonus.

8. Eslake

Eslake Guest

Personally I never understood why so many (when it was a popular source of income) would hunt harpies for 50 feathers each and then have to make shafts to have arrows, when ratmen archers are just as easy to kill and drop 30 to 90 arrows ready-made.

Centaurs, Jukas, Ratmen archers, Orc scouts, Centaurs, Changelings, Meer Captains, .. I know there is an obvious one I'm missing but I'm not alltogether lucid today.

9. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I still sell them at my shop, but I don't gather feathers myself. I have a few people who keep me supplied. I use the majority of them for xbow bolts though. Arrows don't seem to sell as quickly for some reason.

10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Rangers....I used to collect arrows while loosing alot of karma on those back in the day.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The meer captain is bolts, not arrows.
    The only Juka with Arrows are the lords.

And the changeling has 35 arrow & 25 bolts, minimum. If they die while mimicking someone using a bow or crossbow, the corresponding ammo is higher than normal, even if that person never fired a shot.

Guile, Irk and Spite are named changelings in the weald, that will also have the ammo.

The Gypsy & Brigand chest lockdowns (2 spawn per camp - 1 is always a chest, the other can be keg, barrel, crate or chest) also can have arrows or bolts (10) as random loot.