1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What race is best for colored lumber and ore?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by ImaNoobieToo, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    I know humans gets a 10% quantity bonus when they chop and in fel that means 22 boards per swing instead of 20 but does that mean they get more or less colored boards when compared to the elves "knowledge of nature" skill?
  2. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

In my humble experience, I've found that I get much higher yields when it comes to the colored ores and lumber if I'm an elf.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    For wood - definitely elves; they get more chops per tree than humans

For Ore, however, the only thing definitive I've seen is more gems. My personal tests showed no difference between ore amounts or the colored/iron ratio (as the yield for ore is so much smaller than for wood, it's probably that the additional occasional ore for being human amounts to about the same extra they'd get from digging as an elf). So, it's better to be human as a miner, for the extra capacity before being overweight.