1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What Skill to Train to 120

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by tymbow, Aug 23, 2008.

1. tymbow

tymbow Guest

I'm finishing off my crafter and have 20 skill points left. What in people's experience is the most useful way to go:

120 Tailoring OR
    120 Blacksmithy OR
    110 Tailoring and 110 Blacksmithy
  2. i would say tailoring, because if you want to enhance or craft good smithitems, you can use an ash+X.

tailoiring you can only increase "passive" by using a talisam.
  3. tymbow

tymbow Guest

What's ash+X?

EDIT: Don't worry, Ancient Smithy Hammer - Doh!
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003

Personally, I'd go for the 110 in each, because at 110 and 120 real skill, the number of iron armor BODs decrease for a smith. (from 25% to 15% at 110, to 5% at 120).

With a tailor, a good talisman will put you at or near 100% exceptional chance to craft all the leather armor pieces at 110 skill (you'll almost never be crafting hide, studded or bone armor), and the enchance bonus difference between 110 & 120 is a whopping 1%. The only down-side would be 20% chance less success crafting the mittens, mantle & breeches, if you even have the recipes for them.
  5. tymbow

tymbow Guest

I have +25% talismans for Tailor and Smith for both normal skill and exceptional chance so 110 sounds like the way to go.
  6. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

120 both
    and jewelry for musicanship and magery :)