1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

What temp. are you currently running?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lost_Cause, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    What temps are people using?

    Especially curious about mage temps. For PvP.
     
  2. Damien Softstep

    Damien Softstep Visitor

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,048
    Likes Received:
    0
    120 parry...dexxers...
    120 ninja...for dismounts...
     
  3. Tiberius

    Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2,269
    Likes Received:
    47
    gm anat
    gm mage
    120 eval
    120 resists
    110 parry
    100 scribe
    70 med

    Temp requires faction arties.

    or

    gm anat
    gm mage
    120 eval
    120 resists
    120 parry
    90 ninja
    70 med

    or

    gm anat
    gm mage
    120 eval
    120 resists
    120 parry
    90 heal
    70 med
     
  4. Speedy Orkit

    Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,132
    Likes Received:
    9
    98(120) fence
    97(120) ninja
    88(120) stealth
    100 hide
    100 track
    120 resist
    117 tact
     
  5. Hugibear

    Hugibear Guest

    gm anat
    gm mage
    120 eval
    120 parry
    85 ninja
    90 med
    105 spellweavin

    this temp is great if you are in the guild SP! being we are really the only ones runnin mages, so no need for resist. And the pixies eat up stealthers, trick is to soulstone your weavin, than goto brit with 5 others and get yourself a level 6 arcane focus. Than go back and put your spellweavin back on.
     
  6. archite666

    archite666 Guest

    Hm that way you get the focus without needing 5 others with 100 SW?

    Is that how it works?
     
  7. Tiberius

    Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2,269
    Likes Received:
    47
    yup
     
  8. Sunchicken

    Sunchicken Guest

    120 mage eval resist parry wrestle med.
     
  9. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    Anatomy to go with the parry?

    Just wondering maybe 120 mage med eval wrestle parry anat?
     
  10. Bruin

    Bruin Guest

    Yes, and the benefit of that is you only need 100 anatomy freeing up 20 points. Though you lose out on wresting special moves (disarm/stun) and the ability to interrupt another mage with wrestling. Both not used that often.
     
  11. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    So anatomy increases the chance for a successfull parry? You lose the benefit for disarm/stun even if you have wrestle/w anatomy?
     
  12. Timothy_SP

    Timothy_SP Guest

    Tactics and Weapon skill are required to do most special moves now. It was new to me upon my return.

    Shadow Strike requires Stealth, not Tactics.
    Infectious Strike require Poisoning, not Tactics.

    The key Tactics numbers seem to be 70 and 90, depending on the move.
     
  13. Førsaken

    Førsaken Guest

    Anatomy has nothing to do with parry chance. It's simply evasive wrestling that isn't meant for offensive hits. GM Anatomy + 120 Eval = 120 Evasive Defense.

    You do not need tactics (or any other skill for that matter) for wrestling disarm/stun.
     
  14. Bruin

    Bruin Guest

    The chance to parry and the chance to dodge a hit are two seperate issues.

    Wrestling allows you to do three things:
    1. Dodge an enemies attack - ie if you have 120 wrestle and your enemy has 120 fencing, they have a 50% chance to hit you.
    2. Hit your enemy with a wrestling punch. If you have 120 wrestle and your enemy has 120 fencing, you have a 50% chance to hit them and do wrestling damage (like 2 HP). But more importantly, a 'hit' can disrupt a spell.
    3. Use the stun punch or disarm special moves.

    However, there is a formula (eval + anatomy + 20)/2 which replaces #1 only (dodge an enemies attack). So 120 eval + 100 anatomy allows you to dodge an enemies attack with the effectiveness of 120 wrestling.

    Regarding parry - if you have 120 parry + 80 dex, you have a 30% chance to parry an enemies attack. So what happens is if a person swings at you, they have a 70% chance to get by your parry skill. Then, if they successfully get by your parry, it compares their skill versus your dodge ability for a to hit chance. So if you have 120 dodge ability and they have 120 fencing, they have a 50% chance to hit you. So with 120 parry + 80 dex and 120 dodge versus 120 fencing, they have a 35% chance to hit you. 70% chance to get through your shield, then 50% to hit you after that.
     
  15. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest



    In perspective now. 120Eval/100 Anatomy = No need for wrestle. Except the fact of distruption and combat abilities disarm/stun. Anatomy has absolutely nothing to do with parry. Correct?
     
  16. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    Are wands still an effective way of incorporation with a standard mage temp? ie. gheal/lighting etc..
     
  17. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    Does deathstrike still work with wrestle?
     
  18. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    Also now that I think back on it the eval/anat = passive fight skill, has been that way for awhile?
     
  19. Førsaken

    Førsaken Guest

    Wands now have a cast delay such as a greater heal. The only good part about Wanding, is not being disrupted with regular hits/spells.
     
  20. Lost_Cause

    Lost_Cause Guest

    RoT still starts at 70 skill pts?
     
  21. Førsaken

    Førsaken Guest

    It works, but you would need Hide + Stealth to do any kind of damage. Therefore, a Hide-Stealth Ninja Mage template would be in order. I ran one when I got back, but I just don't like the fact that I can't toggle specials of any kind (including ninjitsu/bushido) while casting or having a cursor up.