1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What template to use for faction char?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Rikimaru_Vegeta, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have just returned back to the game after 3 years and a big time of the 8 years of playing UO I did factions. It seems now I can buy myself some nice items with silver. I have 25k worth of silver to use. My only question is which character to use.

Character A: (Is Red)
    120 Mage
    120 Eval
    100 scribe
    120 Wrestling
    120 Resist
    120 Med

I believe this char has either a +25 stats or a +20 stats.

Character B: (Is also red)
    120 SS
    85 necro
    120 Fencing
    100 tactics
    100 med
    100 poisoning
    80 resist

This char only has a +20 stat scroll. I need to get back midnight bracers for added necro skill. I still need to get some skills up on this character, but when I was on the right computer I was lethal with this guy. Not sure if 100 poisoning is good these days.

Character C: (Blue)
    115 mage
    115 eval
    115 resist
    120 fencing
    100 poisoning
    115 med
    some points in foucs, not sure how many

+25 stat here. I use to do alot of champ spawns with this guy.

Character D: (blue)

120 macing
    100 resist
    115 mage
    115 eval
    100 resist
    100 med
    points in tactics and inscribe (not sure what I was doing here, its been a while since I was working on him)

+20 stat on him.

I am also clueless on what gear I should be aiming for. Someone told me max spell dmg is only 10% now (20% with scribe). What mana regen should I be aiming for? I know get LRC, and 40% LMC on my suit if possible then increase hit points and mana. If someone has time please feel free to write me back on some detailed explanation on factions now and what route I should go. Thanks a ton! :D I would like to hear a dream suite for the characters and then a ghetto suite incase I dont have enough gold...

2. What combos would you use for Temp B?

3. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

Back in the day, I used a 100% poison weapon that had double strike and infect. strike (the one where lethal poison is applied). This weapon I still have, is 45% dmg increase, ss increase 25% mana leech and I believe life leech. I would go in vamp mode and have all 70s or close to them on my suite. I would cast strangle, corpse skin, apply poison, blood oath (this I would cast wheneever I believe he was going to let off a few attacks or spells so that next few spells finish him off), pain strike, poison strike, and in this process keep the lethal poison up. I havent got on him to remember all the necro spells.. but I also had revs, and withers.. but that was a sample combo for you.. any suggestions? At the time I never saw another template like this.. I imagine times have changed tho..

4. Saleena

Saleena Guest

Use Character A:)

5. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Riki from TiM on Chessy?

6. Lord Patapon

Lord Patapon Guest

Hey guys !

Can anyone tell me if parry mages are still useful now or totally obsolete ?

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Only if you have a group of them and you are fighting mostly dexers (which happens to be the case on Great Lakes)

8. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Parry mages are never obsolete. With all the d bage archers and tamers its actually fun to run around and see how much dmg you can take.

9. Lord Patapon

Lord Patapon Guest

Wow.
    Thanks for those fast answers ;)

I generally like to play in group, as a support mage; anyways, char is nearly ready, so, I'll test that in a few days.

10. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

This is Riki :p

11. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Long time no see man.. This is Anthius Disius.

12. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Anthius Navyus!

13. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I know you from somewhere?

14. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

First four letters of my name.

15. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

lol sup bro.

16. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Riki, just an FYI. Last year around May a change was made so that you can put more than one character per account on the same shard into factions. They all have to be in the same faction, of course, but you're no longer limited to just one. Might make your decision-making process a little bit easier.

17. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

Yeah I found this out not to long ago.. ty for informing me :) now to farm all that silver...