1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What template would best fit this weapon?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Lefty, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

As title states.. Curious..
    [​IMG]

2. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Um?

It really all depends on you. Typically I would say a non-sammy type of template since it is a one-handed weapon.

Why for this one weapon? I might build a template around some weapons but...I don't build a template around one sole weapon. In all reality, I build my template THEN I decide on what weapons I want to use. Typically, I PvP more than PvM so I pick weapons based on what I want to execute.

3. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's a little too slow and low on the dps scale for my taste, and as the previous poster said, I wouldn't build a character for a specific weapon.

Regardless, you could go with a paladin or regular swordsman if you wish.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Well,
    as my pre-posters already said, don't build a template around one weapon, but if you go for one handed sword weapons (soulseeker as an additional weapon comes to mind, or the collection krysses from the museum) I would build around these skills:
    Sword
    Parry
    Bushido
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Chivalry
    Alchemy

So a template could look like this:
    Sword 120
    Parry 100
    Bushido 100
    Tactics 90
    Anatomy 80
    Healing 90
    Chiv 60
    Alchemy 80

This would do decent damage (honoring and damage increase skills are there)
    You have many healing options with pots as a great defensive and offensive addition
    You could/would block a lot of attacks without using a shield.
    In my opinion a possible template......

5. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

1. I agree with the others, don't make a template based on a weapon, add a weapon based on what your template needs to improve it.
    2. Sorry Wolfman but that template is lacking. I would definately drop off the alchemy and spread those points out between some of the other skills. Something like this

115 Swordsmanship
    115 Tactics
    115 Bushido
    110 Parry
    105 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    70 Chivalry

Thats with 720 skill points. if you have less drop Anatomy to 100 then Tactics to 100. Between Bushido, Chivalry and Healing you have 3 ways to heal, 2 ways to cure and resurrect. IF you still need pots then your doing something wrong. IN addition if you honoring the mobs before you fight them after each kill your HP/Mana/Stamina all get refreshed based on the level of prefection achieved. If you can afford a 120 swords PS, then I would lower anatomy or chivalry to get the needed 5 points.

6. Were you intending to pvp or to pvm?

7. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

You have my template there. ;)
    I was just wondering, how to use the one-handedness of the sword (see title of thread) to the best advantage.....I never said i would run around with it myself :D

8. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Very similar to mine. I noticed I only get 1 or 2 extra damage points for the extra tactics and Anatomy, so I only took both to GM. I'm not saying 120 Sword/Bush/Parry makes alot of difference over 115, but it's nice being a "Legendary Warrior" :thumbsup:
    120 Sword
    120 Bush
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Anat
    90 Healing
    70 Chiv

Regardless, this template would be mediocre at best with the OP's weapon. It is just too slow. With my template, this weapon lands at number 34 out of 77 weapons in terms of Damage per Second (Diamond Mace and Rune Blade tie for number 1 followed by Ornate Axe; all assuming SSI 30%).

9. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

Yeah the 120s would be nice, but I lack the funds to buy them, working on that though.