1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What the new colors remind me of..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Velvathos, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They remind me of a script for a freeshard which once featured thousands of new colors and they were basically a darker neon blend with, really easy on the eyes...

Honestly, they should just start using all of them.. I wouldn't see the problem with it..

[​IMG]

*edit*

Imageshack was having issues..

2. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

fyi to change to color it is just changing the number from say 2422 to 1643, and also the text of the name of the color on the dye. Some people may find this very difficult, challenging and time consuming. Some people can just do it in one minute.

3. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well you know how the fashion police and the self proclaimed "know-betters" would have a problem.

A.) becuase it kills there "rares market"
    B.) they dont have it first
    C.) they couldnt sell it for 100mil right out of the gate
    D.) it hurts there eyes( maybe stepping away from the keyboard in there cave now and then for some good ol fashion susnshine would help that)

me, i would embrace it

4. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A) Have you ever considered if it wasn't for the "rares market" that UO would no longer exist?
    B) Most museums acquire 2nd, 3rd, even 4th hands of trade before they acquire items. I know my collection has.
    C) I willingly choose to spend my BILLIONS on rares.
    D) I will have to say firstly, it is growing old seeing "there" in place of "their" mmkay? Now, you play an MMO and you're telling someone else to get sun? WOW, cheers to you for managing to insert that foot in your mouth.

5. yars

yars Lore Keeper

well i wouldnt want to be accused of a personal attack but since your stepping up to the plate, UO wasnt created nor does it run off a "rares" market. you can spend whatever you want on whatever, doesnt mean the rest of us have to follow. quick to judge and quick to anger. back to the cave with you.

6. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A "rares" market IS the market. Everything you buy and sell comes and goes through UO's virtual market. A "Tangle" is only 20m because it is a "rarer" drop than say a "Heart of the Lion". It also has properties that are more desirable. If I'm going too fast for you, let me know.

You wear or own a Conjurer's Garb. Did you buy it or did you earn it? If you bought it, you paid 15m or 25m too much for what is still essentially in your eyes, just a Robe that everyone should have. Yet everyone has the ability to own one, just like you can stop browsing these forums as you stare into the window of the toy shop whining that all your friends have the way cool "Choo Choo Train Set" and you don't. (EDIT: Hey, hey! You're doing two things at once!)

If you want a "Rare" item, then you can easily attend an EM event and earn it. After all, everyone has the ability to earn said item. The ones that don't get it usually are the ones who drive the cost up in the first place, because they are the ones that are willing to spend whatever it takes to get it. It's called demand.

If you want any item in the game, you are going to have to follow as you call it, and spend what the buyer is asking. I am sure that EA isn't going to always give you a hand-out (Lets face it, that's what you really want). So yes, if you want your Tangle, your Garb, or your Phoenix Armor, you're either going to have to earn it, or pay market price for it.

I really don't appreciate the constant snarly comments from you about the rares community. You have no clue to even form an opinion on the community at all, so stop instigating in every thread that is about an item perhaps?

Anyway, Supply/Demand. Read a book on economics. Jesus.

7. yars

yars Lore Keeper

LOL thanks for proving every point i made good luck in your endeavors!!

8. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yea...Good luck at your parent's house.

9. yars

yars Lore Keeper

actually she rents one of my "real" houses, if your parents ever kick you out ill rent to you "real" cheap :)

10. DirectorDoug

DirectorDoug Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

egads...really?? this is what we spend time on in stead of playing the game?

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

But how else can people share their penis size online other than swingin' um around?

:)

12. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Can this PLEASE be posted as a sticky? This is, by far, one of the more entertaining threads I have read in quite some time.

Neutron... "Good luck at your parent's house"? You can sure do better than that. Your previous posts demonstrate that.

OK... back to posting... :popcorn:

IBTL

13. yars

yars Lore Keeper

the slate blue is quite dark btw, tried it out on a few items, looks good with the other colors blended in

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

A technicolour

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.