1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

what the pet in pvp better ?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Pain_, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Pain_

Pain_ Guest

nightmare, cusidhe, hiryu or reptalon ? (dread warhorse dont spawn anymore ;(( )

2. I'll throw a couple more in there for you to consider, but I can't answer for you:
    5 frenzied ostards
    bake/nightmare combo
    dragon

3. Pain_

Pain_ Guest

im archer tamer...wanna dismount and all kill + armor ignores :)

4. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Guest

i say archer tamer with the Bake an Nighmare

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pets aren't PvP.

6. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Yes they are.

7. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*Shrug*

Not for long, if anyone gets killed by a pet, it will get nerf'd as being to powerful. :pint:

But to the OP, you want to remove Reptalon from you list they already got nerf'd to not being anything but for show.

8. Abies Aduro

Abies Aduro Guest

farsight u should change your name to nearsight
    u pvpers r nuthing but a bunch of cry babies
    u all say how u need to be able to adapt to to pvp but u guys r always the first to call for a nerf
    especially if it rivals ur god mage template

9. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

PvP = Pet versus Player

Consider a Rune Beetle and a Bake Kitsuni. Use Rune as tank. This combo delivers a hell of a lot of damage and tanks well.

10. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

This depends on where you're planning to use your pet.

For pet-ganks, I don't think anything works better than a bake/beetle combo - mage attacks aside, the beetle also poisons, bleeds, and damages armor. If not a bake/beetle combo, a pack of 5 frenzies can also get the job done (a pack of frenzies can eat a tamed greater alive).

That said, I'd never bring a bake/beetle to the yew gate. A ninja can easily lead your pets away, leaving you alone and on foot. For yew gate situations, you want a pet that you can mount if anyone tries to lead it away. If you aren't able to get your hands on a dread, my second vote would be a cu.

Keep in mind, mounted players can easily outrun pets. Don't think you're going to sic a cu on someone and watch them die. You'll need to dismount them, paralyze them, etc. to give your pet time to reach them.

11. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ooh, good one. I'll have to write that down so I don't forget. I'll be sure to include the spelling errors and grammatical faults so I won't forget who coined the insult.

Now honest answer:

If you want to kill players with your pets (all philosphy aside), you want either a hiryu, a dread war horse or a cu sidhe. The DWH is the current favorite.

If you want to defend a position (such as for champ spawns), then a greater dragon is still a nice pet to have, even if you won't kill so many people these days.

I can't say as I've ever been attacked by a pack of anything or a rune beetle in the field, so I can't say if they're any good, and as I've hinted before, my own pets are purely for PvM (unless raided, then I'm always on my cu). My advice is based purely on what I see other people using, and is entirely based on Champion spawns and not factions or gate fighting.

12. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah those beetles can be pretty nasty with their poison but as another poster said, you need to be very careful because they can be led away. I would definitely stick to something I could hop on in a hurry. And I didn't see you as crying about anything. Looked to me like you were merely making a statement. Hrmmmm