1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What time will event start?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Guest, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Kayne

Kayne Guest

9pm GMT...giving you just under 2 hours to party at the zoo

2. Guest

Guest Guest

9 PM GMT SATURDAY

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Saturday
    Europe
    Saturday, 3/29/08, 9PM GMT
    Sunday, 3/30/08, 9PM GMT

Europa
    Drachenfels

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Gah, I'm going to miss day one! I'm away on Saturday and won't be back until about 11ish.

Oh well, I'll be there on Sunday with Ruba... and I will have blackrock! [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

seems to be 21.00 gmt saturday... however we put our clocks foward one hour saturday night yes.. so on sunday and day2 ..does that make it 22.00 gmt?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Not sure. I always thought they went forward on Sunday night?

7. nope, at least, here in Holland/The Netherlands it always moves from Saturday to Sunday, we believe.
    Also going to completely miss this event, away to our hometown for a birthday in the family. Our granny turns 88 today!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

The clocks always change at 1:00 GMT (2:00 BST) on whichever Sunday it happens to fall on

So THP is right, it should be a 10pm start on the Sunday. I see no reason why this wouldn't be the case. Unless of course they bring it forward to be more accommodating to us Euro players... So I'll see you guys at 10! [​IMG]

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Erm... some folks don't seem to have quite grasped something here : GMT NEVER CHANGES.

It's the standard all the others go on - the clocks move forward or back for timezones, British Summer Time starting and finishing, and such, but GMT is the constant baseline - only local time is variable.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I dunno, I think we have [​IMG]

Sunday night we will not be on GMT anymore. So the event will start at 10pm for us. Which is kinda what everyone has been saying?

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

I dunno, I think we have [​IMG]

Sunday night we will not be on GMT anymore. So the event will start at 10pm for us. Which is kinda what everyone has been saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Locally, you will not be on GMT. The event will be on at 21:00 GMT, no matter what your local time is.... so when someone says, as they did a few posts back, "however we put our clocks foward one hour saturday night yes.. so on sunday and day2 ..does that make it 22.00 gmt? " - nope, it does not make it anything other than 21:00 GMT. [​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

It does, however, make it 10pm BST [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

And that will make it 23.00 CET on a Sunday evening - before a work Monday, arrrrgh. But at least it´s better than 4 a.m.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

You're right, I overlooked THP adding GMT on to the end of that post. Else I would have corrected him. He was correct with the 10pm start (as he said it like we all do, time specific to us), just confusing his time zones