1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What to do about Blood Oath?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Kurik, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Kurik

Kurik Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Is enhanced apples or chivalry remove curse best ways to deal with it? Or is there a any other ways to deal with it?

2. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Resisting spells works against blood oath

Obsidian likes this.
  3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It depends...

Resisting Spells greatly reduce BO damage. My melee archer haven't Resisting Spells.
    When I use WW I simply ignore BO.
    When I use AI I may ignore it if I am not attacking the caster at the moment. Otherwise I use Remove Curse.
    Enchanted Apples helps as well. (In PvP it's the best way to go... to prevent running out of mana)

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I prefer to battle Necro casters with my warriors with resisting spells.

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Just make sure to kill the monster on the next hit. If you do, the BO damage never hits you...

Resist blocks {((Resist*10) / 20) + 10} % of the damage from BO. I was BO'd the other day when I had resist on my stone, and didn't move away in time. I did not kill the thing on the next hit. On one hand, it was cool to do 340 damage (both hits of a double strike did max damage). On the other hand, I do not have 340 HP (or even 270 since I guess I leeched 70HP away) ...

6. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you can In PvP, As soon as you get blood oathed prep a heal and then go to town. They are taking 20% extra damage.

7. Kurik

Kurik Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I'm running this template right now
    120 sword
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    100 necro
    90 healing

I guess I could drop healing and put another 30 skill points in jewelry to get it up to 120.

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Seems to me that you've got some redundancy in your template.

Are you running 100 necro, but NOT using VE? If so, then why don't you have SS, because otherwise most of the non-transformation spells of necro are nerfed.

If you're running VE, why do you have healing? I don't even bother curing deadly poison anymore as long as I can swing a weapon against something. Don't you leech enough HP to stay alive with VE? Plus, doesn't confidence give you enough HP in a pinch (like while running away) that coupled with carrying a few greater cures and greater heals you'd basically never use healing?

9. Kurik

Kurik Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Healing makes a big difference when you get raided while you spawn. It's been nasty surprise to some raiders when they thought I was easy target and ended up taking a dirt nap instead. I probably end up switching healing and resist depending what I am doing.

10. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Hmm, I have a crappy connection, so I basically have 0 change in pvp no matter what. Maybe with 300 stats, or 900 skills I'd have a chance.

11. Kurik

Kurik Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Little bit off topic, I have 120 parry with 45 dci. How big off difference there would be without dci? I was scrunching up numbers on skills( I have a bad habit to build up these crazy templates. 800+ skill points) I could make a template with 850 skill points, fit resist with healing. Just need to sacrifice dci to fit all skill increase. Basically asking would it even be worth it.

12. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

The answer to your question is one of math. If your armor is reinforced enough, in the proper ways, then having 0 DCI wouldn't matter, even against a melee only opponent.

If you don't reinforce your armor but instead factor in that your healing skill can gain you X hp/second, it's still just a math problem, just with another term to resolve. If you fight things that do more damage with magic, then DCI will matter less.

It seems that most people suggest reinforcing Phy, Fire, Energy resists and sacrificing some DCI as is, so if you're already down at a max of 20 DCI, vs 45 (I think you can apply 5x enhancements to each armor piece) then going from 20 to 0 is not much of a big deal.

13. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

80 Resie must be 50% lower damage, 100 60% and 120 70% reductions