1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do about lag

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Herman, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    So for the last 2 month I have had the worst lag ever in all my years with uo
    Sometimes I only can take 1 step before my character stop moving

I ping 200 to atlantic and 100 to europa it is not very good but to me it does not look that bad I remember having similar connection before and still was able to play without a problem

The lag looks to be less when i run as a ghost or empty my backpack/bankbox but that might just be random

So what to do
    Anyone have any good advice
    Or can point me to some older threds (did not find any)
  2. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Sep 10, 2012
    Ping alone is not enough to gauge the connection quality. I recommend winMTR as a free tool to check route, ping and packet loss.

I know that a number of players have routing problems from their isp to europa/df (level3 network)
  3. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    This is correct. Sometimes lower pings don't mean everything, sometimes higher pings don't mean slow connections either. When I pinged 100+, I still had excellent throughput and could run as fast as anyone. The difference ping made, at least for me, was a slightly slower response on individual actions.