1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with the BagBall areana?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by love2winalot, Sep 24, 2008.

1. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Hail. What should we do with this?

[​IMG]

I say make it Fel. Ruleset, and a fighting area for Pets vs Pets, or PvP. or Even 3 man teams vs each other. There could be a Fight Night, and a bulletin Board that shows the current champion of each of the type of fights. In other words, Anything but bag ball.......

2. Fill it with water and have naval battles on it? Now, where's that fellow Nero gone off to?

3. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Runescape is a lesser game in my opinion but even they have a fighting area where you can go and 1v1 and no one can screw with you... you can even put down money or items and whoever wins gets them. I think this would be a good thing to put into uo, all you see in yew is people running their mouths dual me for suits or 1v1 me and if anyone really does start a 1v1 and someone is almost dead 3 friends jump in. I don think this would take away from yew pvp but it would let people fight with only what they can carry and someone has to die in the end they cant run into a house.

4. I think a proper method to duel ... be it in an arena or not ... would be great. And allow it to happen ANYWHERE (Fel, Tram, Malas). Just have a good way to segregate the combatants so no outside help can be gotten.

5. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Why, what's wrong with bagball?

Felucca is big enough, there's hardly any people anywhere so plenty of room to organise tournaments. If you want specific game-mechanics to regulate those tournaments or an arena-type building to host them in, there's also plenty of room in Felucca to do that.

If anything is done to the Bagball arena it should be Bagball related. Bagball is a great game!

6. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

You really need to be in Felucca to properly play bagball though so the OP still has a decent point.

7. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Hehe....um.....how do you play bagball?

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Just host some tourneys at your (fel?) house, pit/cage fights, 1v1-3v3, pet comps etc. It's really not that hard to set up, basically everyone behaves or gets booted. I've hosted three and what I know of contemporary pvp could fit in a fortune cookie.

Failing that, go to Siege and play in the bagball or Umbra arena?

9. If you place anything in Felucca make it the Necromancer Arena.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You get a bagball, fill it with like 500 stones of stuff, then the object is to move it into the goal. Since you cant walk with it, its hard to do see?

11. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ow, good point! I didn't even think of that.

I would be all for felucca push-through rules in the Bagball arena.

12. That is the best idea every mention here.

Walk in to arena.
    Securely drop items into said container.
    Both players click ok.
    Battle starts. All uninvited/ nonplayers ejected off field to stands.

The one(s) left standing get the rewards in the said container.

The fans can see whats in the container.
    They can watch the battle.

Nothing on corpses looted. Just claim the agreed upon prize.

Awesome.

Your title carries a battle arena score

13. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Looks to me to be the perfect spot for the 11th anni festival. Lots of games, rides and prizes:

Draconi will hand out confiscated illegal loot and duped 1 mil checks.

Sakkarah can give out fire red lily pads.

Jeremy hands out signed books with different versions of FoF written in them.

With a guest appearance from Wilki who will give out items that randomly generate into.... anything.

[EDIT] just for fun guys and gals!

14. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

check out the arena area on Origin.

15. Mayadevi

Mayadevi Guest

Erm...

Play Bagball in it?

16. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

17. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

wow, it's...so boring!

18. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

This arena should be for exactly what it was designed for bag ball. Why make bag balls useless as anything other than a container? Why remove a mini game form the game?

If you want something made into a pvp arena (I am all for the idea) then the arena outside umbra near doom should be used not the bag ball arena which can still be used for something entertaining.

19. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Check out the necro arena to the north of Doom if you want a great pvp dueling area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wars for guilds as they currently stand can be tailored to end at so many deaths. But you might have to create sub guilds specific to the purpose if you are tourney-ing.

20. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Agreed. on atlantic. we use the arena for fights. and bagaball arena for bagaball. fun stuff.

21. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Good idea to move to Fel. Even better if there could be some dueling system.

22. Eslake

Eslake Guest

I wish this were true.

The problem is that when anyone announces any form of gathering in Felucca that requires that ruleset, the undesirable element can't resist doing everything in their power to screw it up.

23. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

I don't know about other shards, but at least on Drachenfels we have a Bagball field in Felucca. :)
    Only place we've ever played... no fun in Luna (apart from that arena being ugly)....
    The field in Felucca is also a guard zone, so no casting spells there anyway. ;)

24. Firstly so cool I totally forgot about that necro arena near doom so thanks for that reminder Viquire - I shall be planing a guild event there shortly.

Well my guild use the Luna arena for good old fashioned shard bag ball events and for guild ones we have a smaller version our house teams use at our games arena (it also has a fight pit, archery range and trivia area).

For those wanting bag ball information The Tower of Roses is the best sight I know http://www.towerofroses.de/ it also has a set of rules for Rat in a Jar a fel based game.

I would love to know of any other in game games people have come up with as I am always looking for event ideas for my guild alliance and shard.

25. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Well, a favourite game we used to play at events was the dye game.

Instructions are simple:
    Lay out a field of 5x5 Cloths.

Player 1 gets a normal dye tub coloured blue,
    Player 2 gets a normal dye tub coloured red. (different colours are also possible)

When the game starts, the players try to dye a line in their colour.

Very simple, but keeps people occupied when there isn't much going on or you need to prepare something else.

Otherwise.... well, bagball was a big thing, we also had quizzes like that one game (in German "Wer wird Millionaer?") where you get a question asked about Ultima, get four possible answers and have to chose the right one.
    We changed the telephone joker against asking a specific player in the audience (you had to name 3 before the game started). The audience joker: Hand out a bag to each person watching with four coloured robes in it - when they chose B for example, they would put on the blue robe.
    Only did it with the guild once, because it's hard to invite other players and know they won't just shout in the answers... (thought of trying to make the room "soundproof", and just putting down a communication crystal for the telephone joker)

There are tons of games you can play in Ultima, just takes some imagination. :) The death ralley was also something our guild did a couple years ago, and people loved it. Just not sure if it would still work nowadays...

One thing I really loved though was on the Japanese shards - the plays they performed, which showed different things you would usually declare impossible in UO, like playing baseball, falling in a hole and picking apples. :)

26. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

On Siege we actually have a dueling area, outside of Wrong. I'm at work, so I can't get a screenie, but it is one of the cool little things Siege has that other shards don't...la