In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Lady Miriel, Jun 18, 2008.
I'm at 95.7 tinkering. what do i need to make to get to GM?
Scales or/and spyglasses for 4 ingots each. Or - if you have enough ingots - fancy windchimes simultaneous doing Heartwood quests (15 each).
I usually make spyglasses and sell them to the shipbuilders. If that gets too boring, then I make a few of the fancy windchimes to break the monotony and see how many I can get to come out as Exceptional.
If you have UOAssist, you can use its Sell Agent (I think that's what it's called) and sell the spyglasses to a shipbuilder 50 at a time. This takes them out of your pack automatically, plus you get a tiny amount of gold for them to boot.
I don't have UOAssist available to me to tell you exactly how to set it up to sell stuff to an NPC, so I'm doing this from memory. I believe the Sell Agent is one of the drop-down choices on the left side of the gump under the last tab in UOAssist (I think it's called Agents). Once you've selected Sell Agent, then you use an option on the top right side of the gump to select a container in your pack (e.g., a bag or a box). Then you go to the bottom right corner of the gump and follow the instructions there to target the items you want the Sell Agent to identify as sellable items (e.g., the spyglasses).
If you've set up the Sell Agent correctly and have sellable items in the Hot Sell bag, all you have to do to sell all of them at once is click on the NPC you want to sell them to and select the Sell option on the NPC's gump.
Note: Depending on which NPC you are selling to, the Sell Agent may also automatically sell any boards or ingots you happen to have in the Hot Sell bag. Shipmakers don't seem to be interested in buying ingots, though, so it should be safe to leave your tinkering tools and pile of ingots in the Hot Sell bag. (Blacksmiths and carpenters always seem to buy them even if I didn't mean to sell them.) I just leave a couple of tinkering tools and all the ingots I plan to use in the Hot Sell bag so that the spyglasses are automatically made in the Hot Sell bag.
I hope this makes sense, and if you already know how to use UOAssist to automatically sell stuff, don't mind me. Maybe the instructions will help someone else. LOL
thanks for the help!
If you have access to KR, one of the things it is really good for is making things for training or quests, as it eliminates a lot of the steps...
1. Get your supplies; place them in your main backpack if doing quests, in a bag within your pack if training with intent to toss or sell.
1.a. (quest only) Go to the quest location, and get the quest you want.
2. Open the crafting tool, and pick your item to be made.
2.a. if crafting for quests, select the "quest item" box, and enter the number required for the quest as the "make number" entry.
2.b. If just crafting to train (not doing quests), select "make Max"
3. Hit the button to make the items. When it stops (due to failure, tool running out, materials running out or lack of room), check the reason why.
3.a. If you have the number of quest items, redeem the quest (they got marked as you made them; you will have to remark any extras by hand after retaking the quest)
3.b. if you are crafting for training purposes only, and run out of room (weight or item count), remove any remaining raw materials from the bag, and drop the bag. If you have UOAssist for your 2D client, you can pick up the bag later and set it as a sell bag in UOA to sell off the contents, if you want.
3.c. if a tool or resource issue, grab more of what you need and start again.
4. If doing quests, get the quest again. In either usage, now go back to step 3, unless changing item being made (in which case you go to step 2).
It sounds a lot more complicated than it is.
If doing the chimes quest with KR, I'd do the following:
1. scrounge up enough ingots to fill a giant beetle (shop the random gypsy camps in Ilshenar for the best ingot prices - best wood prices for bow quests too - and they have a banker with every caravan to load up your bank box), as well as nearly filling your own pack. You can do this part in 2D, and it will work better and be safer.
2. Go to heartwood
3. get the chimes quest; when you need the quest again, just keep clicking the NPC's Bar till the quest comes back up.
4. Since there is a decent chance of failure, only set the make number to 5 items, in the tool. Set the mark as quest item to be on.
5. Attempt to make 5 multiple times until you get the right number for the quest; redeem quest, get quest again, ignoring leftovers until you have enough unmarked chimes to mark manually to complete the quest (at which time you do so).
6. Repeat as necessary, until you hit 100 skill, reloading your ingots as needed and making more tools as needed.
for kr new bitter black ui keeps chugging along after crafting failures-- only ends now when you break a tool or run out of supplies