1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

what to use?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Order, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Order

Order Guest

i am going to burn through a dozen or so barb kits i have been saving up to make armor for my sampire. what leathers should i use? will that new gargoyle ability do the same for leather items as it does for smithing? so should i use normal leather?
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Any of the leathers will work (though if you want luck, you'll want to go spined, and hope you roll really good on the other properties). Tailors break so many items I wouldn't even THINK of trying to craft, then enhance, with barbed kits.

That SA skill (Imbuing, which all races can take - Gargoyles just have a bonus) won't work as well for armor as it does for the weapon skills. My guess would be to hold off on craftign in normal leather until you see exactly how it works. You might be able to craft stuff to unravel or imbue with spined or horned kits, and only rarely have to do so with barbed kits.
  3. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

It will take a while to get the Imbuing skill high enough to make it worthwhile for adding to your armor.
    IMO i would use barbed leather for the resist bonus, but its really up to what your after.
    (I would never try to enhance anything made from a barbed kit. The chances of it breaking are almost 100%, not saying that it can't be done but you will loose alot of good armor trying it.)
    Good luck with your suit.
  4. Order

Order Guest

thanks guys for the advice