1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of character is the best for fighting all varieties of ore elementals?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by DarkVoid, Mar 24, 2010.

1. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

What sort of character would be best for fighting all types of ore elementals? I acquired a large number of gargoyle pickaxes, and want to use them to hunt a lot of ore for my own purposes.

It has to have mining so he can mine them up and kill them himself, so that's 100 points devoted to mining. What else can he fit on the character for a really fast fighter type who can take the ore elemental down quickly?
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Sampire w/o healing or parry, focused on damage, lots of stamina, ornate axe. (casting Divine Fury to keep +10 SSI on)
  3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    120 swords
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 mining
    99 necro
    61 chiv

Honor, enemy of one, 100 DI, consecrate weapon, lightning strike the **** out of whatever....should be easy.
  4. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jul 13, 2005

A Miner

The above answer is meant as a bad pun.
  5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I don't kill ore elementals myself (hate mining), but I have guildmates who all use archers for the job.
    That's AC archers... without the 'B'.
    Archery, tactics, healing, anatomy, mining and um... dunno. It works well for them.
  6. Use a Miner with Magery and a -20 Mage Wep Earth Elemental Slayer bow. Most of the eles you can simply continue mining and let the bow do the work. Add some Tactics to the template to boost the damage.
  7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 10, 2008
    Yup, that totally works. And when you get real cocky, suit up to all 70s and go with a Radiant Scimitar -20 mage weapon and a shied, or chug. Usually can keep right on mining. (uses no ammo this way)