1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What weapon for wisps?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I checked the hunters database and didn't see wisps listed. I wonder what with the event and all what type weapon worked best against these dark wisps, slayer type that is?

2. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You'll need to have a tamer lore one of them to see which resist they are lowest in. Since I have chiv on my dexxor, I just use Consecrate Weapon and I always attack their lowest resist.

3. Doesn't a fey slayer work on them?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I do have a pixie swatter sitting in a chest. I'll give it a try.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I did lore a couple last nite they only had 2x resists that were high on the couple i checked - was energy and (i think) physical was the other - they had very low fire resists for certain which was what I targeted for. Have heard that they FEY slayer does work well on this event but since only fey slayer is a mace wep this wont help everyone. So suggest go after good fire damage

***OOPS just remembered Pixie Swatter is a UBWS (I believe) so everyone can use it ***

6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yep, it's Use Best Weapon Skill - And the nice thing is that, for some reason, the swatter is acting like a double-slayer (automatic maximum DI) against the fallen warriors.

My paladins, with only Stormgrip for DI, do the same amount of damage with or without Enemy of One to the warriors, with or without the gloves. Somewhere (depending on their resists) between 120 (low-end damage, versus higher-resist warrior) to the high 150s (high-end damage, low-fire-resist target).

Against the wisps, averaging the high 20s to low 30s, normally with the swatter, high 40s with Enemy of One. The downside is that the warriors hit for about 75 points per swing, if you have EoO up against the wisps (or anything else).

8. Guest

Guest Guest

This just goes to prove either I need a bigger monitor or better glasses. [​IMG] Thanks

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<laughs> Try wiping that big coffee splash off the monitor ... that should do it.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I cant belive you would ever want to kill a wisp. try talking to it instead. you might learn something.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

well, the dark ones only want to say "DIE!" as they attack you, so they are hardly great conversationalists.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I cant belive you would ever want to kill a wisp. try talking to it instead. you might learn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you haven't been to the rift in Moonglow? What I learned from the wisps there is that my short bowed legs can't outrun one. And for being a low level mage they get me pretty fast.