1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What will eject mannequins from a house?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Korik Bloodguard, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hiya,

I had an odd thing happen tonight - my mannequins were bumped out of my castle and placed under the sign. I wasn't in the house at the time.

Any thoughts?

:)

2. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Very odd. I placed 5 in one of my houses, as filler, and nothing has happened to them... yet. Could be a bug, considering they are brand new and there is a problem between lack of testing and items being given to us. The vet player statues have been broken for almost as many years as we've had them. lol. Otherwise, the best I can think of is that it could have been going into construction mode. Even then... if you didnt, werent even around... report the bug. MAYBE that will help.

3. Disenchanted

Disenchanted Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think I read somewhere that if the house is private they will be placed under the sign. They seem to act like vendors.

4. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have had this happen before. I place them when the house is public then I change to private and the manniquins pop out under the house sign.

5. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

After/When they pop out under the sign - were/are you able to retrieve:
    • a) what they were wearing; as well as
    • b) the mannequin itself???

6. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I had this happen and I was able to get my mannequin and the items without any trouble.

7. Xelious Norwood

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes, I have had this happen as well, it is caused by making your home private when they were placed while it was public, they will indeed pop under your house sign, have no fear everything is retrievable it just takes time pulling the items off each one and redeeding the mannequin.

8. niceguyteddy

niceguyteddy Journeyman

Will they remain if you place them while the house is private?

9. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

10. Xelious Norwood

the mannequins can be placed in private homes as well as public, when placing them there is no difference, There is still the possible problem when switching from private to public or vice versa. And also the problem with co-owned or even friends of the home with the mannequins in it being able to access the items. I havent found this to be true on my accounts but it looks like it could very well be an issue, I would like to assume that anyone I friend or co-own wouldnt do such a thing but you just never know.

11. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Just did a test. A character friend-ed to my house was able to swap cloths with my mannequin and all other mannequin ops...

BE CAREFUL WHOM YOU FRIEND TO YOUR HOME IF YOU SET UP A MANNEQUIN ....
    I WAS ABLE TO SWAP OUTFITS WITH MY FRIENDS MANNEQUIN FROM OUTSIDE THEIR KEEP WHERE THEY HAD THE NEW FISHER, BARD & BEAST SUITS ON DISPLAY.
    Damn that's so wrong.... will post to bugs

12. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Well looks like they've been working on the mannequin security (amongst other bugs) - releasing to Origin this evening ....

UO Herald

EDIT: Tested with Friend of house and mannequin appears fixed & secure after the Nov 30 Patch... Friend is no longer able to manipulate the mannequin - only open its paper-doll.