1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What would you consider a reasonable amount of time to be answered by a GM?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spellbound, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If a rare loot drops underground and can't be reached, shouldn't a GM come by and move it to a proper Z-axis so it can be accessed? Even an answer would be appreciated after 32 minutes from initial page of 12th in queue only progress to 11th and still waiting. Repaged and almost another half hour later, still no movement from starting point of 9th in queue. Are there even GMs /CS anymore in UO?

2. canary

canary Guest

I just had to use one and it took about 40-45 minutes to get resolved/ addressed.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ahhh so they at least still work on weekends, albeit at a snail's pace.

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you GM Deradaan, resolved 50 minutes after 2nd help request. Wheeee!

5. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

They're so 'eager' to help people i'm starting to think it's volunteers work.

Would help if they would bring back counselors...

6. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

within 5 minutes for an urgent situation, within 15 minutes for typical issues. no canned responses unless the situation is successfully resolved without the GM appearing (ie, canned response says the issue is fixed).

of course, nowadays, half the GMs dont even seem to know the game anymore...

7. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

30-60 minutes, think the last time I paged a gm, I waited three hours, still nothing, got tired of waiting, and logged.

8. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

15 mins after the page is sent, and no more.

Customer service in UO got WORSE after the subscription price increased. Shame on them. :thumbdown:

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I expect and think the response should be within 15 to 20 min. Anything beyond that in my opinion is just too long.

First off most the time if the problem isn't resolved in that period of time ... why bother showing up at all because likely the problem has either been resolved, forgotten, or the pager got fed up and either left or logged.

Seriously if it's about moving a monster so you can loot it... or whatever if they haven't shown in the first 5 min... then forget it. Loot is gone monster is gone... need is over.

And the GM's should actually show up in game... no more of that canned comment garbage... have the courtesy to face your customer! Even if it is a pixelated character it still is more formal and meaningful than a canned response ...... send the "Hey how did I do...." to my email... have the guts to face me in game.

It helps because many times I could give better explination of my situation face to face than I can in that little spot that we are given to page in... sometimes the situation calls for more wordage than is allowed by the system.

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

lNo more than an hour I'd think, If its urgent, Within 10 minutes.

11. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is not a disagreement with you or anything against you, but wasn't the subscription increase like 6 or 7 years ago at least? I may be incorrect on this so that is why I am asking.

I agree the service level has dropped WAY down, but a lot has gone on with the game and in the world since the increase in monthly fee. I have had a lot of monthly services increase their prices much more in the same amount of time with the same results. (a drop in service level)

12. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

those were my favorite parts of the game to be honest, just seeing them carrying out their duties. that auto response is a tad cold, I totally agree. I also think they are not our lackies, if they can help I have faith they have the best of intentions. :grouphug:

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Yes it was. UO used to be $9.99 a month, raised to $12.99 "to increase customer support, events, etc."

Of course, this never happened.

14. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Depends on a GM for that one Spell :sad4:. I have asked GM's to relocate items that spawn as stealables because they spawned either underground or out of reach. One GM will help you others won't. As far as time, your low on priority pole, my wait was over 2 hrs. Luckily I am up working all nite so it wasn't a real problem for me.

15. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

1 hourish is a good time.

Unfortunately, they usually respond in this time but send you a canned message. That's what's most annoying.

16. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There still gms in the game??? :)

17. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i lost all faith in gms when this happened to me and they never came..
    gave me the whole cant replace lost items response.. when it wasnt lost.

try to change your house foundation, it might pop back up.