1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do with an Item Bless Deed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adara, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Adara

Adara Guest

Just as it says....what one item would you bless if they gave out item bless deeds again?:D

2. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

To many choises :S

Probably my Aof or Orny since allmost all my suits have both.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Call me crazy, but I'd use it to bless an item. ;)

4. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bless this years inexplicably unblessed valentines bacon!

5. rwek

rwek Guest

trap box

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If it wasn't attached to an account, I would sell it.

If it was, then I'd probably bless something frivolous, but valuable to me, such as a tunic crafted by a good friend or an award from a player run quest.

7. Adara

Adara Guest

lol...i actually have a small collection of strange things that people have blessed.....one "blessed" rock(my favorite), blessed seashell..couple of others i dont remember

8. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I remember pre-AoS I had a blessed dagger - "an indestructable supremely accurate silver dagger of vanquishing (blessed)" ;)

These days there's nothing worth using an item bless deed on. Insurance - duh!

9. Splup

Splup Guest

Too bad daggers were extremely crappy weapons back then :S

10. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd bless my scissors. I used to have a newbie pair, but when I quit playing back in 04 I sold them. Then when I came back in 07 I kicked myself.

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Give it to a friend. I've got no use for bless deeds. I'm a fan of being able to click on my character's corpse and have everything that wasn't looted auto-magically return to its rightful place!

12. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'd probably sell it too. I waste a ton of gold on insurance, but I've gotten used to that.

If it was a personal bless... I dunno. Something that I wasn't ever likely to change out. Most of my gear is changed/rotated out. Talismans, jewelry, armor, weapons. My crimson cincture is already blessed, and so are my robes and cloak.

My Jackal's Collar maybe? Soul Seeker?

13. Millie

Millie Guest

I'd Bless my Shroud of the Tal`keesh so I could use my personal please deed on something different.

14. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

That was the joke :D it was the ultimate form of one of the worst weapons - blessed.

15. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You ever fight anyone using a vanq dagger back in the day? 12-15 damage a hit was no joke

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Can I be your friend? :D

I like the stuff returning to their proper places too, unlike when you use scrifice and everything gets mixed up.

Still, I'd use an item bless deed on maybe a magi pendant or stitcher's mitts 30 lrc. PBD'd AOF 40 lrc, CBD'd hat 20 lrc. Almost full lrc, great for emergencies.

17. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Yeah, I only use Sacrifice as a last resort and when I am far far away from the spawn. Never got the hang of using UOA's dress macros and am always carrying too many rune books, so getting dressed after using Sacrifice is ugly and slow and usually accompanied by a slight feeling of panic as I paw through my backpack frantically looking for stuff.

Can you even give away Item Bless Deeds? I typed my smart-aleck comment this morning not knowing for sure whether or not they are character-bound. I believe those and PBDs came out long before I started playing UO.

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Too late, I'm gonna hold you to your word now mwuahahahaha!

PBDs were released during AOS. They are character bound in that they will work only for the owner. You can pass the deed or any item thus blessed to other people. Other people just can't use the deed and will still need to insure the item normally.

Item bless deeds were released during the very first Britannia spring cleaning before AOS. The rewards you can choose included the items bless deeds, Pheonix armour and the early statuettes (listed in order of cost, with item bless deeds being the most expensive). Not account bound. Works like CBD, you can pass the deed or an item thus blessed to anyone and it will work properly.

19. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I would insure it!! :)

20. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Get another PBD and bless it?

21. Saris

Saris Guest

I would bless my main wep, HML57 SC-1 SSI30 DI55 HLD50, still looking for a vet I trust that can scirbe it for me lol. However this Ornate will probly be like my old Katana i always wanted to bless Supreemly Acurrate Idesructable Silver Katana of Vanquishing, now its its a pos noob undead slayer so I am not sure.

22. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

I blessed my Orny with mine. :D

23. GhostGL

GhostGL Guest

Probably crystalline ring if i ever get one. Or necro reeading glasses on my other Ghost char, then letting me use his personal bless on something else.

24. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I would bless my Twinkling Scimitar.
    I wouldn't bless my "arties" since they are replaceable anyway.

25. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nice.

-Galen's player

26. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would probably sell it.

If, for purposes of this survey, that weren't an option, I would bless Galen's favorite weapon.

If it were re-usable, like the Personal Bless Deed that came with Age of Shadows, that would be ideal, because I would use the deed on whatever Galen's best or favorite weapon happened to be.

Speaking of which, hey EA, any way you can hand out Personal Bless Deeds again? When I returned I started a new account. *chuckles*

-Galen's player

27. Bless anything type bless deed?

That is a tough question (Says the man who owns what WAS a Silver Supremely Accurate Indestructible Quarter Staff of Power (blessed) and it's mate that is identical except NOT blessed - and minus the hit curse charges LOL)

Of course I didn't bless that :) Somebody else blessed that.

I'd probably bless my Smith's Earth Ele slayer Pike LOL. ( Valorite Pike - Earth Elemental Slayer - Spell Channeling - UBWS - DI 50% - Fire 20% - Cold 30% - Poison 20% - Energy 30%: The big brother to the one she is currently carrying which is Valorite Pike - Earth Elemental Slayer - Spell Channeling - Faster Cast -1 - UBWS - DI 39% 40/10/20/10/20 )

Awesome Ore Elemental weapon

28. I'd bless my avatar making me INDESTRUCTABLE!! :owned:

29. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

This thread reminds me having some unused pbd's on my chars. I could never decide to use those on which items. Maybe I should have a look at my fisher and bless his fishing pole (SC without -1).

30. Well when they came out with the PBD I was real happy and wish they would continue to do it with new characters that we made later, but Siege has the best over all when it comes to an items being bless, its right in the menu for them so they can bless one item and that would be the best overall for all the shards as I feel that those new folks that came after AoS lost out on the PBD, or those that lost their AoS PBD, [like I did on my Blacksmith] would be able to bless an item once more.

31. How can one re-use the personal bless deed?

32. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Probably stuff it away like the one I still have from the last time we could get them.

33. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

a blessed bracelet would be the best!
    [​IMG]

34. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Although you cannot do it, if I could, I would bless a trapped box.

Out of the items you CAN bless. A good choice would be an amazing Pvp weapon, or an extremely rare event item.

The orny was a great idea too, but the faction orny makes having a blessed regular orny sort of pointless.

A buddy of mine blessed a rune, several weeks later runebooks came out. Although the need for the rune was diminished, the fact that it became "blessed" probably still made it a very rare and expensive item.

35. Radun

Radun Guest

bless everything