1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whats a good way to train a bane dragon

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Lynk, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

on a red, on a shard where I have no miner to dig up an elemental and no blue tamer to train the pet in tram ruleset..

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ok, you'll need to find spawn which has skills as close to your pet's skills as you can. I usually lore a pet and train up the lowest skills first so they're all around the same level. Then it's a case of fighting progressively tougher spawns until you're done. Oh and chose magic casting critters when you can, then you'll also get some resist gains.

This guide is old, but clearly set out explaining how to train pets and it won't include as many Tram only creatures. So it's probably the most "red friendly" guide ;) You'd just need to look at the Hunter's Guide for the revamped dungeon spawns.

Wenchy

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

For anyone else that had this dilemma... here is what to do.

Make a new character with 50 mining. Buy a pair of +5 mining gloves. Run around and mine until you get to 60 real skill. Put on the gloves. Use prospector tool, use gargoyle pick axe. You get shadow almost every time. It was actually faster to get a shadow ele up using a newb than it is on a fully trained miner.