1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whats Better 50% HLD or 15% HCI

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Dec 12, 2011.

1. If I am imbuing a weapon what is better for increasing my odds to strike the opponent.

50% Hit Lower Defense or 15% HCI increase?

Now I looked around... this answer is not easy to find.

2. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

depends how much HCI do you have on your suit? If you are below 45 you need to get it at 45. Having 50 HLD doesn't help if you can't hit the monster.

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on a few factors...

* HLD has a duration ... 8 Sec for melee / Throwing.. 6 sec for Archery I think

* You have to HIT your Target 1st before HLD can go off...

* If it's PvP... HLD imposes -25 DCI, & these days most people are over the 45% DCI cap for this reason.. so you rarely receive ALL of the HLD effect & in some cases none of it if your opponent is at 70% DCI.

If your talking PvP... go 45% HCI before worrying about HLD.. if it's PvM I could just look at the stratics combat page & plug in the numbers.. & decide for yourself

4. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

if u have 45hci then add hld.

if you do not have 45hci then add hit chance.

*face palm*

5. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

HCI is applied to every swing and stacks up to 45. HLD does not stack, but can be re-applied. Consider that the HLD debuff lasts 5-10 seconds according to stratics (or 8 seconds according to uoguide). If you are swinging at 1.25 speed you will have four swings which could potentially re-apply the HLD debuff in the 5 second window.

It's best to have 45HCI and enough HLD that it is successfully re-applied before the debuff wears off. If you can't get either, the HLD is better if you're hunting in a group. If you have bushido and can lightning strike until you get an HLD proc you will almost certainly do better solo with 50HLD than just 15HCI.

6. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You should make a thread in the Warrior subforum to post all your questions in, instead of making a new thread in UHall for each one. Just saying.

7. Thanks all 45% HCI first. Makes sense. Back to building suit.

8. I don't think HCI stacks at all, but is calculated in each swing attempt.