1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's better? Hunters headdress or mace and shield reading glasses?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrMiagi, Feb 29, 2008.

1. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Which is better for an archer? Headress is nice, gives 15% HCI, 20 archery, 8 dex, mace and shield glasses also nice, 30% HLD, 10 strength, 5 dex, nice resists. I already own a headdress but am considering changing, is it worth the money, would it be considered an upgrade?

2. IMO, you shouldn't depend on items for a primary skill. You're then stuck with that item unless you actually work the skill up later on. Mace & Shield is a heck of a lot better than Hunter's hands down.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

If you are an archer and the headdress doesn't mess up your resists I'd go for it. The m/s glasses have decent resists as well as 15 stat increases so they are pretty nice.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

All depends on which type of character.... fill us in, then maybe we can help ya [​IMG]

5. Had this debate with a friend when we were sorting out our archers. It lasted a long time. [​IMG]

Basically, it boils down to your other kit and template. Saving 20 points in archery is useful for use elsewhere if you have a tight template, and the 15 HCI is useful if your other components are lacking. The 3 additional dex may also be of use to you.

If, on the other hand, your other components have adequate HCI and your dex is good enough you might want to run with the Mace and Shield glasses. HLD is a powerful property and can help you increase your hit ratio; it can really hurt people in PvP if they're not stacking DCI. So there's considerations for factoring that property in somewhere; both HCI and HLD are very nice properties and will work well together.

Personally I'd lean towards Mace and Shield unless there are circumstances in your template or gear that would indicate the headdress would be of more use, bearing in mind the HCI and the 3 dex difference between the items can be made up with good jewellery.

6. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

My template really is tight, losing the +20 archery means I have to either have 100 tactics instead of 120, unsure on how that will effect my damage, or i'll have to lower something else.

I have 30% hit chance increase from bracelet and ring already, 15% from hunters takes me to 45 although i'll lose that if I switch to mace and shield, I will however gain 30% hit lower defense upon switching.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

y template really is tight, losing the +20 archery means I have to either have 100 tactics instead of 120, unsure on how that will effect my damage, or i'll have to lower something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your going to lose a few hp per hit if you got to 100, but youll have the chance to hit more often and harder with the Glasses. So its pretty much a wash. I think the glasses are better for pvp in my book just simply for the resists and stats. HLD can be nasty in pvp because not everyone rolls dci. And if ther not stacking DCI, they get beat up pretty bad. I almost never miss with my archer....

8. Azmira Zalof

Azmira Zalof Guest

In PvP, I'd recommend nothing less than 40 HCI. Even at 45 on my dexxers, I miss alot. It's easier to get HLD weapons than it is to get high HCI weapons, IMO. I'd go hunters with an HLD wep.

9. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

<blockquote><hr>

In PvP, I'd recommend nothing less than 40 HCI. Even at 45 on my dexxers, I miss alot. It's easier to get HLD weapons than it is to get high HCI weapons, IMO. I'd go hunters with an HLD wep.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it's a pvm build though? Which mine is.

10. IMO unless your building the sort of template where your only just at minimum skill for everything (90 tactics for specials etc) and need the points mace shield will be better for either pvp or pvm.

Hit lower defense is -25 dci for the target which is obviously 10 better than 15 HCI.

11. <blockquote><hr>

IMO, you shouldn't depend on items for a primary skill. You're then stuck with that item unless you actually work the skill up later on. Mace &amp; Shield is a heck of a lot better than Hunter's hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you just said

12. Sees Far

Sees Far Guest

I have M&amp;S on both my archer and my fencer. You may need to change out some other parts of your suit - you probably built it around the Headdress.

13. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

<blockquote><hr>

IMO unless your building the sort of template where your only just at minimum skill for everything (90 tactics for specials etc) and need the points mace shield will be better for either pvp or pvm.

Hit lower defense is -25 dci for the target which is obviously 10 better than 15 HCI.

[/ QUOTE ]

30% hit lower defense means only a 30% chance of hit lower defense proccing with each hit though doesn't it?

14. Yes.

However the length of time it lasts gives you good odds of it hitting again before the first timer wears off. Providing your swinging at max swing speed that is.

15. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

So if it procs and 5 seconds later it procs again before the last HLD wears off, it will be set back to 8 seconds again, meaning it could constantly be on without ever coming off if you keep proccing every few seconds?

16. TirNaNog

TirNaNog Guest

Easy decision. Wearing antlers on your head is a symbol of strength, prowess and fertility. Many ancient gods are depicted with horns or antlers.

What do glasses signify?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

IMO, you shouldn't depend on items for a primary skill. You're then stuck with that item unless you actually work the skill up later on. Mace &amp; Shield is a heck of a lot better than Hunter's hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this. The only time I ever used a +skill piece for a primary skill was when I built my dexxer to use the mark of travesty in his suit but that is a totally different story and with all 3 mark of travesties I can switch around to different weapon types so the suit is extremely versatile.

18. <blockquote><hr>

Easy decision. Wearing antlers on your head is a symbol of strength, prowess and fertility. Many ancient gods are depicted with horns or antlers.

What do glasses signify?

[/ QUOTE ]

That you're intelligent, are most likely to make the big bucks in life, so will end up with the hotties..... [​IMG]

19. Azmira Zalof

Azmira Zalof Guest

Since it's a PvM build, I'd go for higher tactics. With EoO, you'll be doing a pretty significant amount of damage at 120 vs. 100 tactics and you will have maxed hit chance. I've never seen too much of a reason for HLD in PvM, but if you really want it, find an HLD wep.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I already own a headdress but am considering changing, is it worth the money, would it be considered an upgrade?

[/ QUOTE ]

M&amp;S are definitely an upgrade, but they cost 6x what an HH does. Whether it is worth the money depends upon:

1) How much money you have
    2) Other things you may buy with the money you don't spend on M&amp;S

If you have tons of gold, it's a no-brainer.

If you don't have tons of gold, see whether the difference in price (roughly 5 million) could be better spent elsewhere.

Keep in mind, of course, that M&amp;S rock the house for ANY weapon based char you have, so you can use them on your dexxers too. HH is for archers only.

One thing to look out for is that you are going to want to replace that +15 HCI somehow, so you might incur some extra costs.

Also M&amp;S may have another unexpected effect - the extra resists may put you so close to an all 70s setup that you can't keep yourself from spending a few more mil just to get there [​IMG]

The nice thing about archers is that the 20 skill points (from the HH) are easy to pull out of other skills (relative to other templates).

Also, you can always get M&amp;S and see whether you like them better. If not, sell them to someone else.

21. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Ok thanks for the help, and another question, if i can get the money together to buy the inquisitors resolution (gauntlets) is it worth it? They give not bad resists, 8% LMC, and 3 FCR, and the resists they give fit right into my suit. Chiv is my only form of healing/curing and I don't have any FCR or FC atm. It's tough to find rings and bracelets with damage increase, hit chance increase, fcr/fc etc.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What do glasses signify?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your future is bright ya gotta wear shades!!!!