1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

whats fastest way to get gems

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorddog, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    which way do you think is fastest way to get gems (besides buying them)

gypsy tents
    dragon loot
    fishing chests
    t-map chests

2. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
  3. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Mar 18, 2003

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008

But paying for them isa EASY just sell any of the nicer items from renounds or any of the peerless' then find a fresh camp spawned in ish and buy them cheap.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000

but I just buy them...

Fastest least painful
  7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Figure out the gem you need at the time (assuming Imbueing training).

PvM in a high yield area for gold and gems (earth elems, gargoyles, Tomb of Kings, etc), Bag of Sending gold to the bank, and collecting the gems.

Keeping the gem(s) you need, sell the rest of the jeweler NPC and use the gold from PvM and the gems you sell to buy out the gem(s) you need.
  8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 23, 2008
  9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    The gargoyle pass south of compassion in ilshenar is good, as are the black solens outside Wind.

So are the Earth eles in shame, and the cavern beyond the ratman ruins at Sacrifice.

Levels 1-3 of T-maps have 3 x their map level in gems, IIRC. If you're gonna be needing residue for Imbuing training, go with the maps, to get the items to unravel (or maybe even imbue - my best jewelry, even before imbuing, came from chests).

Map Level / Gems / Items / reg piles / scrolls / gold / time to finish (with a rune library and maps sorted for location)

Level 1 / 3 / 6 / 3 / 4 / 1000 / 1-2 minutes
    Level 2 / 6 / 12 / 6 / 8 / 2000 / 2-5 minutes
    Level 3 / 9 / 18 / 9 / 12 / 3000 / 4-10 minutes (depending on the number of Ogre Lords that spawn). A quarter of this time will be killing the initial 4 spawn.

You can do 8-15 level 1s before having to put stuff into a beetle or send gold with a Bag of Sending (depending on the amount of ringmail & plate in the chests).
    Level 2s, typically only 5 or 6.
    Level 3s, you have to unload something every 2-3 maps.

Levels 4-6 continue this pattern for everything but the count of items in the chest (bonus magic items were added, about 50% more than the 6/level pattern indicates).

I personally prefer finding a Gypsy Vagabond at a random spawn in Ilshenar for buying them, as do others in this thread.
  10. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

I hunt Solen a lot and get tons of gems (I usually get more gold selling the gems than I get in gold loot from the critters). I've heard of imbuing but haven't looked into it yet.

I just kill solen for the zoogie and sell the gems. If you ar on great lakes I'd give them to you (but that ain't too fast)
  11. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

just buy em at a jeweler
  12. Splup

Splup Guest

Still buying em from jeweler is the only way to go imho if you need lots of em...
  13. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Gargoyles in Wind.
  14. King Durango

King Durango Guest

There's no way to collect enough if you are using them to train imbuing (outside of buying them), however... I think the easiest thing to kill is the Crystal Elemental. It always has 4 regular gems as loot as well as an average of 450gp. They don't spawn in groups but find them in a crystal field in Malas and they insta-respawn on death, usually within visual range (at least their name). Kill the Crystal Ele with a pet and you can loot as pet kills! And of course dragons have 2 stacks of 4 but they are a bit harder.
  15. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 1, 2003
    Dragons have 8 and you can also sell the hides.
  16. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Basara is bang on for t-maps other than out right buying them that's how I've gotten gems.
  17. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 21, 2006
    Earth Elementals: With the right weapon, a one-hit kill. Very quick.
    Solen Infiltrators: If you're farming zoogi fungus at the same time, these also go down fairly quickly.
  18. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    Whenever I want to get serious about collecting a specific type of resource by hunting monsters, I go to the Advanced Search page for the Hunter's Guide and type in what I'm looking for in the Loot box. If the search is successful, you get a nice list of monsters that have what you're looking for as part of their loot.

You can find the Advanced Search page here: http://uo.stratics.com/database/search.php?db_content=hunters.

(Putting the word "gem" in the Loot box returned a list of 71 types of "monsters.")