1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whats for dinner in UO? and RL ofcourse...

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Jahira-Tor, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im having a slack Friday night and had pancakes with icecream. Dont worry ill diet tomoz. hehe :pancakes:

What about you?

2. Mijac_Chmon

Mijac_Chmon Guest

Last night I cooked a beautiful, big, 3kg pork roast for my mates who came over to watch as we were smashed by the Sea Eagles.

Baked pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and onions. Pan gravy and fresh apple sauce...

Man, I haven't eaten such a delicious meal in ages. I'm such a great cook!

3. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Ok thats just not fair! *Glares* Roast pork is my fave meal of all, and the only time i get to eat it like that is on Christmas Day when my Mum cooks it with all those trimmings. Though she goes one step ferther and cooks it in the Webber for that awsome bbq taste! mmmmmmmm
    Though i have to admit she never seems to get the crackling just right in the webber, crackling never seems to go perfect when you slow cook...

Still, my mouth is watering. Come round to my place and cook one for me tonight Mijack? mmmmmmmm

4. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Perfect crackling....

1. Get pork loin with belly flap on, leg is good but not shoulder

2. Score the pork with a stanley knife (utility knife) in cross hatch pattern
    put the pork on a wire rack over a roasting dish, then pour boiling water over the pork to make the rind shrink (this is a key thing to making awesome crackling)
    3. Then get a towel and dry the roast, take time with this a wet pork wont give you crackling!.

4. Season with alot of salt and get it into the cracks then coat in olive oil. tie it up with butchers twine

5. Put it on a rack so the roast is above the edges of the dish or a shallow baking dish (so its away from steam) 160 degrees, 35 mins for every kilo

6. Take pork out turn heat up to 220 degrees, when its at temperature, put the meat back in 15 minutes for every kilo

Voila, awesome crackling :D

5. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

ok now im just hungry :drool:

6. shonsu

shonsu Guest

Roscoe's Chicken n waffles

7. Katlene

Katlene Guest

hay theres an oportos opening here soon. they any good? (whatever they are)

8. Desperado

Desperado Guest

Go do a report on them for us then we know ;)

9. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*drools* i love oportos. they have the nicest grilled chicken burger ive ever tasted. its definately a must try :)

10. Katlene

Katlene Guest

ooh ok cool they are opeing up in the old KFC/Ollies. They are renovating atm. i have no idea on when they are going to open though. Advertised AGES ago for staff.
    So is it a chicken place?

11. Oceania

Oceania Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for the "Perfect Crackling" tips!

i would try it this weekend :)

12. Katlene

Katlene Guest

no dramas! its absolutly terrible for you but its just so yum!! *laughs*
    hope it goes well for you

13. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Its grilled chicken mainly, so not the typical greasy unhealthy KFC chicken :) i suggest you try the Bondi meal if u like chilli, if not try the Norm meal

14. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Nacho's tonight. :coco:

15. I just finished reading in the thread above this one your comment:

"Didn't read your post, coulnt give a hoot... and yeah, put OT please so i know to ignore this crap"

16. Fact.

Fact. Visitor

From my thread:

17. Katlene

Katlene Guest

All people eat dinner
    not all people like woosball
    go cry more

18. Mijac_Chmon

Mijac_Chmon Guest

Fact. has a perfectly valid point in relation to this thread being OT. It was my mistake to miss it and even more of a mistake to post in it without making mention of its OT nature.

Please include OT in the title.

Thankyou.

19. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Today i picked some peaches off the tree in my castle for desert tonight. :)

20. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

To Fact and GE, I apologize for presuming everyone eats food. I guess the two of you have some medical issue where your food is in those bags that gets pumped directly into your stomach. Dont take it personaly, everyone esle needs to eat.

I dont need football to live.

21. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I know plenty of people (including myself) who do :p

22. Katlene

Katlene Guest

so you need to watch testosterone overloaded fools in skin tight clothing groping each other to live?

wow

dont get me wrong, ive tried to watch football. my father in law loves nrl. ive tried but its just sooooooooooooooo boring :sleep2:

B.O.T-

I made lemon merangue pie from scratch a couple of days ago using home grown lemons it was yummeh!

Dinner tonight.... Thoughts? 4 mouths to feed.

23. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

No... not quite. That sounds more like a... well I wont go into what that sounds like...

Hey you thought of it, not me! :p

I tried hunting in Trammel too, but that made me ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz too... (in other words, 'each to their own', or 'whatever floats your boat').

Footy Show, Channel 9, 9:30pm. ;)

24. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

mmm tacos? or perhaps spaggetti. Thats one of my faves.

25. These days I hardly watch any football. Origin 3 however I did watch, and enjoy.

I only made my post here in your thread because of the hypocritical remark you made in Fact's thread. I noticed that the other thread has since been labeled OT like the mod requested, whereas you still have not. Why be so stubborn? The mod has requested OT labels be placed on OT threads. Instead of OT labeling this thread you added UO into the title because the earlier would be admitting you made a mistake.

Sometimes being right, is wrong... and sometimes admitting you were wrong is being right. By the way, as far as I know everyone eats food/or gets it through a tube, apart from those people who claim to live soley off oxygen, and then say they drink 5 cups of tea a day in the same sentence.

26. Just incase you missed it.....

27. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Ah dear nothing changes:bored:

28. Haha.

Yeah OK, I'm the first to admit I've fenced with Jah on these forums before in the past, but it could have been just about anyone and I still would have said my mind about what I saw and called a spade a spade.

29. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

First, please stop derailing my thred. Its against the ROC.

Second, I did change the title of my thred. I dont need to put OT on it becuase it is no longer OT :coco:

Please stop intentionaly derailing my thred. :loser:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ate a cake made by Doc Brown today, gosh ill have to diet tomoz. Also having spag bol irl. What are you eating GE? Seeing how your so interested in me and my threds. Starting to think youve got a thing for me... Sorry not interested, i have a bf.

30. Katlene

Katlene Guest

"takes the coin of the tracks*

I would really love it if you could do more with cooking in UO. Choc & ginger bread cookies are ok but meh,
    being able to RP more with food in game, get someone over for dinner and make them a drink and a feed even so they could see/hear someting going on *shrugs*

31. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Ooh and if you arnt a very good cook you could give someone food poisoning lolz. They could have a stat loss or unable to focus to cast spells for 5 mins hehe

32. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

This is UO your talking about :p

33. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Visitor

34. Fact.

Fact. Visitor

Still no OT tag.

35. Katlene

Katlene Guest

because we are discussing uo in here aswell deary

36. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

I wish we could get broccoli (sp) in game :danceb: go the broccoli dance!:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Edit: Doesnt it kinda look like a mouldy sausage?

37. dinner tonight was what we call "catch a can"...meaning if you find it in the cupboard (usually a canned good) you can have it, but you make it yourself.

As for UO Cooking I have chef and she really only gets used at special events as I can decorate the cakes and cookies with messages...I would love for food in UO to have more use to provide more of a boost to our players so that people actually brought it.

I would also like to grow veggies myself in my garden and to be able to combine things like lettuce and carrot and make a tossed salad. or to add a chicken and carrot and pumpkin and call it a roast chicken....just for it to be more creative and useful.

I have often thought of opening a restaurant in uo with a menu and prices and maybe some entertainment and just make it a RP hang out. BUT I have never gotten around to it. You could even pay people to be your staff....but not everyone finds RP fun so don't know how well it would go over.

38. or under ripe banana's with Afro's LOL

39. Fink

Fink Guest

Have you seen the 2D eating animation? They put it into the game a short while back, but it's an old render (not sure if it was never implemented or just got lost for many years).

Anyhow, yeah, getting back into Cooking vendors after a long break. I have all the grapes/apples/fruit-bowls, plus GM(deco-able)/begged/crate foods.

40. Katlene

Katlene Guest

you mean the one that looks more like the salute then eating?

41. Fink

Fink Guest

Ya, the "omg I'm choking!" clutching-the-neck move.

42. too funny.....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make cooking and food in UO just more then it is?

I was thinking of having a RP guild leaders dinner.

43. Fink

Fink Guest

One thing is to make sure the character you're using is actually hungry enough to eat food. If you fill up, you can just *nibble* *chew* *munch* emote your way through the remaining courses, but to be hungry enough to genuinely eat food, this might help..

In UO you have to take damage then allow your hp to regenerate - not actively heal - to get hungry (a bizarre system, but that's it). Around 41hp on average equals a "standard" bite, such as a fruit, veggie, fish steak, etc. A roast pig will fill you up in one hit (as it should :eek:), and some other foods (eg: large pumpkin) are more filling than others.

You should do this HP regen thing a number of times in preparation for a banquet/feast. If you really want to power through this process, you can slip on a HPR suit and pop a tinker trap/iron maiden/etc, or just cast damage on yourself, or come up with your own method. I use a bloodwood suit and dart trap, myself.

:danceb:

And if you're wondering how I know all this stuff, it's from another of my unfinished & unpublished skill studies. Hopefully I'll finish them all before they pull the plug on UO. :coco:

44. Food regenerating hit points is what happens in Shaiya - you eat an abel (apple) or some other fruit that you can collect or by and different types of fruit or food regenerate your health different amounts...I think this would be a cool add on to UO maybe as a side to potions or bandies.

45. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Hey thats nifty. i always wondered why somtimes i seemed to go ages without needing to eat, and sometimes i can eat a ton.

46. Fink

Fink Guest

Could be good.. sort of works the other way in UO at the moment, hp regenerating makes you hungry.. food could do with some intrinsic purpose, but I'm sure there'd be outcry across the board because suddenly everyone's somehow "forced" to eat, a bit like the debacle over hunger rates post-ML.

47. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

So what i always wanted to know, if you dont eat in UO, does it realy affect spell casting or skills in general?

48. I have always wondered that too cause I always forget to eat and my poor characters must bet the size of twigs cause I only feed them like maybe once every 3 months.

49. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master