1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

What's going on Dev's?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vyal, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyal

Vyal Guest

No fof, dev's posting, state of the game, notta...
    You need someone to donate a camera or what? I am pretty sure my bill alone would buy one for ya. I still have fun playing UO, but really WTF am I paying you cash for? :rant2::rant2::rant2:

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am not one to jump on the negative bandwagon all the time. But I have been wondering why there has been very limited contact here lately. I know the holidays are usually like that but here we are end of Jan range and no fof for a while, the last question answered via the "Ask the Dev's" was 11/05/2010. Have heard rumors of a video possibly coming, hopefully that will clear things up some, in a good way.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Looking at the vastly rude and negative attitudes by some I wouldn't blame them for avoiding contact here if they are. Constructive criticism is one thing but a lot of people go too far beyond that. Just unnecessary. I would like to see some answers but I won't join the angry mob here and I have no problem waiting.

4. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

^^^

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

just wondering... Cal said it had to to be approved by a couple depts - probably PR and Legal, rightfully so,you can't have employees releasing anything publicly that they want to. I' worked for a company where you couldn't even say Hi passing someone in a hall unless on break - anyways, makes me wonder how much restriction they're under when they have the community meets, or even posting here

6. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

They could just post and then lock the thread right away and sticky it.....

Would be way better than the little communication we have.

7. Voodoo990

Voodoo990 Guest

If my customer base was being rude and negative I would;

a; find out why
    b; fix it

After all, as some are quickly to point out this is a business, they are not doing this for free or out of the goodness of their heart. If they are ignoring people due to their feeling being hurt then that's pretty sad.

8. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

But if you announced a dead line of the middle of January knowing it had to be approved by a couple of departments wouldn't you sent a taping dead line of early Jan? That way it would have a couple of weeks to go through PR, legal, or what ever departments it has to go through? Instead they wait until PAST the deadline to even tape it so assuming EA works like every large company out there it will be at least 7-10 days after the taping to get approval to make the video public.

9. Ganondorf00

Ganondorf00 Guest

Release the video already, it takes 20 minutes to make and 5 minutes to review.

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

And longer to edit and get permission to release too.

11. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

12. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I remember back in the day long before I quit, posts like this in UHall would get deleted asap or moved to SnR at the very least... Which, in my eyes, says a lot about "Whats going on Dev's?" in and of it self..

13. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

They have to prepare everything thats to be said, get it formulated correctly as its covering a lot of the game, ontop of having very tight deadlines on other important projects in the company.

You'll get the darn State of the Game address when its ready, chill already. Its not the end of the world.

14. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

It's not the content of the video that has us all wondering where it is, it's the amount of times a specific deadline has been mentioned and passed up. If Cal had just said "we'll release a video (concerning a set list of topics) at some point in 2011 whenever we have time for it" you wouldn't see quite the amount of people angry right now. It's the fact that end of the year (2010), middle of January, and last week have all been named deadlines that weren't kept to that has so many people flustered.

Now, I will say that Cal only mentioned the video as being recorded last week, so he may have done that already. It may just need to pass through some red tape before it can be shown to all of us, let's hope that process can be done smoothly and in a timely manner.

15. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ibtl x5

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Since you're so insistent, I will lock it. Subject to re-opening if it's judged to be prudent to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.